Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunchtime Take-outs in Mullingar

Options
  • 29-07-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I went to O' Brien's garage on the tullamore road just past Dalys petrol station. I always use to enjoy there deli counter as it had such a selection of toppings to put into a roll etc...and it also used to have the press down machine which deli's use to make paninis and wraps with. To my disgrace, they now have such a limited amount of toppings, replaced the press down machine with a microwave oven type thing which makes the panins soggy which is horrible, u want the panini nice and crunchy! So my question is, where are nice places that do nice take out wraps/ciabattas/paninis/salads in mullingar at a reasonable price? Do the likes of dannis or ilia do take outs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

You can get a take away from Ilia Gourmet I think it's called. It's across from Ilia and closer to Mount Street. It can be expensive tho! There's also a place on Castle Street, I can't think of the name of it... They have Juice Zone smoothies and they have signs for that.. They do lovely panini's and wraps and they're reasonably priced. It's beside Bennettons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

The Texaco garage in Robinstown has the best deli in Mullingar, hands down!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

I'll have to try both of those places so! Bit of a trek out to robinstown though! Why did O'Briens have to change their deli counter, it was so damn good before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

The Spar on Dominic isn't bad, plus they have noodles!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

The Centra beside Hill side drive, or O'Driscoll's as everyone calls it is quite good.
    When I was working in the ind est I use to go there for rolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

I like the deli in Marshalls. It's across the road from the hospital right beside the Tougher petrol station.

So I went to that deli on Castle Street, its not a bad place but I was waiting about 15-20mins for my wrap as the lady was on her own behind the counter doing everyones orders by herself, I felt like hopping behind the deli to give her a hand. Apart from that, I'll defo go back, maybe earlier in the day or later on as I was there at 2pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jonnymac21

I tried the deli juicezone on Castle street after reading your comment, i moved down from Dublin and was missing my lunchtime paninis. they make a really nice roast beef panini and i tried the club sandwich which was really good, there is some sort of spicey mayo on the chicken that is addictive. has anyone ever tried it and know what it is

A new alternative are the Savoury Crepes from Maple Moose in Rochforts on Dominic Street. It's only open about 2weeks or so. I had a Ham and Cheese melt during the week and it was so nice, reasonably priced too. I was tempted to go for a sweet crepe with ice cream but I resisted the temptation (wont last long haha).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jonnymac21

thats a bit far up for town, by the time i would get to rochforts it woulnt be worth it. anytime ive been in there i dont find the staff friendly or helpful, maybe its just me. any idea why ilia gourmet is closing? i thought that would be a busy place

• Advertisement

jonnymac21 wrote: »
    thats a bit far up for town, by the time i would get to rochforts it woulnt be worth it. anytime ive been in there i dont find the staff friendly or helpful, maybe its just me. any idea why ilia gourmet is closing? i thought that would be a busy place

They are way over priced, simple as. Thats why the restaurant is closed, and thats why Ilia Gourmet are closing, the cafe must bring down their prices soon or they will end up closing that down as well. One of the other reasons, is The Bakery seem to be doing the business of the town to be honest, so there is more competition as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

great kebab up the street from Kerrigans

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Alfasud

Why don't you take a lunchbox like people used to before the Celtic Tiger arrived. He's gone in case you haven't noticed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

infacteh wrote: »
    The Texaco garage in Robinstown has the best deli in Mullingar, hands down!

Another vote for this place! The shop part is so ridiculously overpriced but the deli counter is great value. Decent sizes portions and delicious food. It's abit out of town and gets quite busy in the afternoon but definitely worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 meleaba

Very boring of me i know, but ive tried all the places mentioned. the dinners in robinstown are lovely but the club sandwich in juicezone on Castle street wins hands down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RuthG1994

during the summer myself and my friends "found" upstairs @ Juicezone. Love it there, relax upstairs and meet friends, nice friendly staff and definitely prices students can afford. (strawberry sensation smoothie and cajun chicken and cheese panini. . . yum!!)

Thanks Guys,
    Ruth

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

alanmc wrote: »
    I like the deli in Marshalls. It's across the road from the hospital right beside the Tougher petrol station.

The shop beside Tougher is not Marshalls. AFAIK it is called Martins.

Advertisement