Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genii Magazine - any good?

• 29-07-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i'm finally taking some time to get into the art of magic and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on Genii Magazine. A years digital subscription is $56 and you get to read their entire 75 year catalog.

I have Mark Wilsons complete course book (as suggested here) and have put a spending ban on myself for the next two months as I want to make sure I'm still interested before I go splashing cash. I guess what I'm getting at is is Genii a good learning tool or is it more opinion pieces on the current magic landscape thereby making the older mags a bit pointless?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Hey guys i'm finally taking some time to get into the art of magic and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on Genii Magazine. A years digital subscription is $56 and you get to read their entire 75 year catalog.

I have Mark Wilsons complete course book (as suggested here) and have put a spending ban on myself for the next two months as I want to make sure I'm still interested before I go splashing cash. I guess what I'm getting at is is Genii a good learning tool or is it more opinion pieces on the current magic landscape thereby making the older mags a bit pointless?

Tried to buy myself a paper subscription last Christmas. Given what you just said, I'll be digitally subscribing later. Are they PDFs ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

No idea but let me know. If I'm still going at this stuff by October I plan to subscribe.

Advertisement