Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fedor vs Henderson

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

1 apiece so far, come on Coenen, I don't want to see another wrestler win tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

1 apiece so far, come on Coenen, I don't want to see another wrestler win tonight

2-1 tate

Tate is doing feck all once she gets the takedown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭alcomoholic

worst strikeforce card in a long long time.

four horribly boring fights.

womens mma can go back to the stone ages after this embarrassing fight, it's just a circus event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Tate is doing feck all once she gets the takedown

Yeah I think Coenen is winning even when she's on her back at this stage. They both look wrecked now though and still nearly half the fight to go.

wow, did not see that coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Very nice stuff from Tate there. Great upset!

I bet Urijah Faber would be looking for a shot at that title if only she wasn't on his team.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    I bet Urijah Faber would be looking for a shot at that title if only she wasn't on his team.

If that fight happened and we could only make out their haircuts, i'm not sure I could tell who was who!

Very nice finish, came totally out of the blue for me, I thought she was just going to lie there for the rest of the round, and I had my post bemoaning the dominance of boring wrestlers already formed in my mind :D

• Advertisement

Hendo wins within 2 rounds and Strikeforce and M1 spend the rest of the night coming up with another way to get Fedor into a slightly interesting fight again. Maybe have him wrestle a bear or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelurcher77

Come on Hendo let's put Fedor out of this business for good

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Maybe have him wrestle a bear!

In soviet Russia, bear wrestles you!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelurcher77

Yessssssss now go **** off to Russia Fedor yessssssss

Bye bye Fedor!

I'll have to watch it again but it looked like Fedor immediately recovered?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Did that seem early?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Did that seem early?

Nah when Dan's on his back you can see he's out

Remember not so long ago people were calling for Fedor v Randy?

Seems like a lifetime ago now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Well **** me. Gobsmacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

****ing hate Dan Henderson haha. The guy has a habit of KOing my hero's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Nah when Dan's on his back you can see he's out

Ya just saw the replay,the first punch that Dan threw seemed to KO him alrite

Probably the last time we'll see the greatest MMA fighter of all time in the ring. Fitting enough though that he went out to another one of the greatest. I'd say Fedor is relieved more than anything at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Seemed a little early, however Fedor was lying prone on the ground face down, not doing much as far as defending. Hendo's shot right to the gut of Fedor really crumpled him, straight to the ground. Looked like Hendo was in trouble there also, great recovery.

10e on Hendo also, I had a good feeling about this one :cool:

Probably the last time we'll see the greatest MMA fighter of all time in the ring. Fitting enough though that he went out to another one of the greatest. I'd say Fedor is relieved more than anything at this stage.

Aye, I just hope those b****** at M1 let him retire now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

I wish he would retire. Wand, Nog, Crocop are all breaking my heart everytime they go out and get hammered, I dont want the same to happen with Fedor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Watching it live i thought it was stopped a bit too early, after seeing the replay's Herb Dean made a spot on call.

What's next for Hendo, he says he wants to defend his belt, what'd happen if UFC offered him a contract again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Looking at it again, Herb was exactly right to stop it when he did, no motion from Fedor, he was rolling over with no guard up, just eating strikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭alcomoholic

dana what a smug pri ck.

http://twitter.com/#!/danawhite

and sherdog crashes lol!

Best HW yes, but for me sadly i think his seeming dodging of top quality opposition and his horrible failure when he finally got around to them has completely tarnished his "legacy" (although I hate the word).

I think the only argument for greatest of all time right now is deciding whether to give it to GSP or Anderson Silva.

scudzilla wrote: »
    What's next for Hendo, he says he wants to defend his belt, what'd happen if UFC offered him a contract again?

There's nobody left. maybe Mousasi?

UFC would do worse than moving him over. he went out on a high and could still be a serious contender!
    dana what a smug pri ck.

http://twitter.com/#!/danawhite

and sherdog crashes lol!

Dana has every right to be smug. M1 tried to over charge and took the piss when Dana wanted to put him against the best in the UFC.

But at the same time, it's sour grapes too. I know that if Fedor went to the UFC he would've been the forst to call him "The Michael Jordan of MMA" to sell a fight between him and Brock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Herb's the best in the game but I would've liked to have see Fedor given an opportunity to recover. I watched it on a choppy stream, so I couldn't see for sure if he was out. I think Fedor deserved a second or two more.

Herb's the best in the game but I would've liked to have see Fedor given an opportunity to recover. I watched it on a choppy stream, so I couldn't see for sure if he was out. I think Fedor deserved a second or two more.

Have you been reading Joe Rogan's Twitter? :P

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Have you been reading Joe Rogan's Twitter? :P

Disturbing--I'm not on twitter but just looked his up. Very similar wording.

Herb Dean's the man. Still, I'm disappointed over this.

Much like everyone else, I thought it was early at first. But when you see the replay you can see Fedor is out and takes 2-3 hammerings in the head. Herb stepped in and just after he did it looked as though Fedor is recovering.

The luxury of slow-mo replay fools us into thinking this is something other than a split second inside the cage. Herb was right to finish the fight at the time he did!

Watched the replay...very conflicted about it. I can see how in the heat of the moment Herb probably made a justifiable call, still, it's such a momentous fight and fedor has been in trouble before--he should've been allowed a couple more seconds I think. Anyway, shoulda/woulda/coulda, it's over. Congrats to Henderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey lads, i'm not looking back over this thread for spoiler reasons but does anyone have a link where I can watch this? I'm in work so can't download it.

Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey lads, i'm not looking back over this thread for spoiler reasons but does anyone have a link where I can watch this? I'm in work so can't download it.

Thanks!
    Here you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sound, got a link for it as well, thanks lads. Wow, poor ol' Fedor! Did look like it was stopped early but Fedor did drop heavy when Hendo hit him with the uppercut. I have faith Herb knew what he was doing.

Was the rest of the card any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I think Fedor's head hitting the canvas was a big part of it too. Great fight and escape by Dan Henderson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I would have liked to see it continue because it's Fedor, you have the feeling that he'll recover and never give up. But from a safety and consistency point of view it was not the type of early stoppage you can argue about too strongly. Fedor was clearly rocked enough to faceplant but after that it looked like he would recover was picking his moment to roll.

Overall Fedor looked very reckless, swinging wildly and jumping on Hendo with no regard for position. With every loss he gets more reckless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Fedor just looked so unlike his old self. Outmuscled by a smaller man against the cage, no real patience in the standup and an unwillingness to grapple. Just straight gungho, it was if he couldn't wait to get out of the cage.

What I find really strange about this fight is that its not as if he lost to someone much bigger than him or some "new" age fighter. If this had of taken place during the Pride era, how many think it would have gone down the same way?

Also, did anyone else find it annoying the way Mauro was going on about how it was the best shape Fedor has ever been in? Lighter, yeah, but he looked much stronger in Japan compared to now. - http://www.kettlebell-athletics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/16/kettlebell-training-for-bjj-mma/fedor1.jpg

Fair play to Hendo though, he truely is Mr Iron Chin. Hopefully he doesn't get pushed out from under the Zuffa umbrella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I would have liked to see it continue because it's Fedor, you have the feeling that he'll recover and never give up. But from a safety and consistency point of view it was not the type of early stoppage you can argue about too strongly. Fedor was clearly rocked enough to faceplant but after that it looked like he would recover was picking his moment to roll.

Overall Fedor looked very reckless, swinging wildly and jumping on Hendo with no regard for position. With every loss he gets more reckless.

This, agree totally with that. He lost to Werdum for exactly the same reason.

Shocking considering his experience :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sound, got a link for it as well, thanks lads. Wow, poor ol' Fedor! Did look like it was stopped early but Fedor did drop heavy when Hendo hit him with the uppercut. I have faith Herb knew what he was doing.

Was the rest of the card any good?

The ladies fight was worth checking out, but thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Fedor hasn't beaten anyone "decent" since Arlovski in Jan 2009 & i'll question if he was even good. His best days have been over for years!

Obviously a legend of the sport but I would have liked to have seen him against the best in the UFC. Think that is the last time we will see him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Alan OBrien

The end of an era :(
    Will always be a legend though.

Someone posted this on another forum. Hmmm

6_medium.gif

5.gif

This isn't a sport like football where you can compare offside decisions and call for consistency.

There is no such thing in MMA. Just because one guy was let fight on, doesn't mean another should. Fedor went out and went limp. Herb Dean was right to step in and stop him from potentially taking a life ending beating!

We're talking about lives here. If we started saying "We should let fights go because look at Kongo v Barry" then it's a slippery slope to someone ending up like Michael Watson or Gerald McClellan............. or worse!

Fedor went out, he was on his back unable to defend himself while Henderson punched him in the head. The fight was over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

6_medium.gif

5.gif

bit of a difference there diaz covers up straight away almost before he hits the ground (intelligently defending himself), fedor goes totally limp/face plant and takes at least 2 shots while not defending himself??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

On first watch I thought it was a hugely premature stoppage, but the second angle they showed where you could see Fedor's legs go limp changed my mind, good call from Herb Dean. One of those really tricky situations in MMA where it may have been right to both stop it and let it go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Was at the event last night and really enjoyed it. Didn't realise how far the arena was from Chicago city centre so had to get a train to the airport and then a taxi, ended up meeting Stitch Duran at the airport and sharing a cab. Very, very sound lad full of stories and he paid for the taxi. Decent night of fights, a bit too much cage humping, was very upset with the Semtex fight. Twood is actually more boring than John Fitch. I've aways loved the SF WW and MW division because they've been full of excellent and exciting strikers. It's a pity he'll probably have the belt for a while.

Advertisement