Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Remote Viewing

Options
  • 29-07-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Concept Pro VXM4-16 DVD Recorder connected to 10 Cameras. I am trying to set it up on a network for remote viewing. I have the Remote Client softwear installed on a laptop but its not connecting. I have the Recorder connected to the router etc.
    Any help suggestions etc would be grateful for.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you the ports forwarded on the router.
    What router is it? If its the Eircom Netopia you will need to set firewall to low.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Hi Koolkid
    Have you the ports forwarded on the router.

I am not sure what do I need to check??

Its a Daytrek router

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If your not sure then you haven't set it up.
    You need to know the internal IP address of your DVR and what port number it set up to use.
    You will find guides for most here.
    http://portforward.com/

Hi Koolkid,
    Thanks for the reply, the reason I'm unsure, its installed in a business premises and the Company installing it were to come back and set up remote viewing, which I had to chase after them to do, eventually they did but the guy doing it was not fully sure how to set up remote viewing..... I am not really getting anywhere with them at this stage.
    Thanks for the link I'll have a look through it.

Regards,

Ger.

It's fairly basic stiff from an installers point of view.
    Portforward.com should explain all you need.
    Any problems let me know.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    It's fairly basic stiff from an installers point of view.
    Portforward.com should explain all you need.
    Any problems let me know.

I'll have a go at it again over the next few days .... any probs I'll post details - Thanks again!

Advertisement