Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AES Limerick

• 29-07-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11

Any opinions on AES Waste.

A rep called to the door. Offering 4 bins... glass, recycling,food and non recycling. Glass and recycling bins are free to lift, the food bin is 3e and the non recycling is 8e. Standard charge is 75e for 6 months with 1st 6 months free.

Anyone in Limerick area use these for waste collection. I am very happy with current providers but this offer would cut my waste cost by 50% plus. Seems too good to be true. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

All depends on how many times you get your bin lifted. Remember that there is a €150 a year service charge, and then a per-lift charge for the general and organic waste bins. Look at how often you would currently leave these out, calculate how much it will cost you. If you can get away with leaving the general waste bin out every 2nd collection, then you could save quite a bit.

If you're getting both pay-bins lifted at each collection (every 2nd week), then that's going to be €11*26 per year, which is €286, plus the €150, which is €436 a year maximum.

I switched to AES in April, and I think it'll save me about €100 a year compared to what I was paying for Mr Binman (which was costing €400 a year).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 pennywise

Thanks jor el, I am hoping not to leave my non recycling bin out very often. How do you find their service ? I have heard they don't always collect the bins on collection days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Never missed any of the bins I've left out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - Moved to Limerick City

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

i moved to them 3weeks ago put out my green bin last friday(as its my collection day) they never collected it i put it down to been my first collection with them and a new customer that they 'forgot'. i rang monday morning was told theyd log a missed collection and theyd ring me back that evening wit a day itll be collected. they never did ring so i rang on wednesday and was told it would be collected the following day. they collected my green bin yesterday morning.i left out my recycleing bin this morning and again it hasnt been collected. im not a very happy customer sure companies make slip ups but twice in a row i shouldnt have to chase them to collect my bins when i pay them.least mr binman may be expensive but he never once or i never once had to ring him over collection

RANT OVER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

if your bin is being collected friday leave your bin out the night before[thursday].they collect the bins very early on friday.sometimes as early as 6 o clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been with them for 6 months, no problems.
    For me, they are half the price of Clean Ireland Recycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

i moved to them 3weeks ago put out my green bin last friday(as its my collection day) they never collected it i put it down to been my first collection with them and a new customer that they 'forgot'. i rang monday morning was told theyd log a missed collection and theyd ring me back that evening wit a day itll be collected. they never did ring so i rang on wednesday and was told it would be collected the following day. they collected my green bin yesterday morning.i left out my recycleing bin this morning and again it hasnt been collected. im not a very happy customer sure companies make slip ups but twice in a row i shouldnt have to chase them to collect my bins when i pay them.least mr binman may be expensive but he never once or i never once had to ring him over collection

RANT OVER

I had similar teething problems at the start, but now it runs like clockwork. Since the 3rd week we were with them we haven't had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Same with me, had problems at the start but since they got them sorted everything has been great.
    Would never ever go back to Mr Binman, dries me mad when I think that I was with them for years and spent so much money with them!

AES are the way to go I think!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 pennywise

Ok thanks all. :)

One last point, the rep said they collect glass once every 3 months but I was told today by a friend that they don't have a collection for glass in Limerick yet. I will call them next week to check. Anyone know if this is the case ? :eek:

• Advertisement

No idea, pennywise.

If only everyone where I lived switched over to AES, then Mr. Binman wouldn't have to drive into our estate at 3am in the f$%king morning every Friday. Their hydraulics and beeping wakes me up every time without fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Same here with teething problems for the first few weeks with AES. Binman was giving me a special rate of 380 euro and never said anything about going over weight, I told them to keep it.
    AES costs me, service charge = 150 a year
    once a month waste over 12 months = 48
    brown bin 6 times a year, = 18
    216 euro AES a year

400 euro binman a year

I have no glass colection, I just bring it to the bottle bank when I go shopping.
    Some people complain about the flys from the brown bin, I dont find that a problem, just dont have it next to your backdoor or window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Same here with teething problems for the first few weeks with AES. Binman was giving me a special rate of 380 euro and never said anything about going over weight, I told them to keep it.
    AES costs me, service charge = 150 a year
    once a month waste over 12 months = 48
    brown bin 6 times a year, = 18
    216 euro AES a year

400 euro binman a year

I have no glass colection, I just bring it to the bottle bank when I go shopping.
    Some people complain about the flys from the brown bin, I dont find that a problem, just dont have it next to your backdoor or window.

Is once a month waste not 8 x 12 = 96 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Sorry Kilburn your right 96 which would bring it to 264 a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I know that AES provide you with bins but I hope they don't use recycling bags like Mr Binman do, those bags are the most annoying thing ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

kiersm wrote: »
    I know that AES provide you with bins but I hope they don't use recycling bags like Mr Binman do, those bags are the most annoying thing ever

They don't use bags, and they collect the recycling for free as long as your account is in credit - no bullcrap "2 bags with one standard bin" restriction.

The bins are also bigger / allow more weight.

If you're putting bins out every week, they're more expensive, but if you can put them out every fortnight you'll save about €100 a year.

TBH we only get our bins picked up every 2 wks but even then its not full or even near full. I do more recycling than I do anything else. I'd probably only need to put my bin out every 3 or 4 wks so it sounds like they're defintely worth looking at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

jor el wrote: »
    Remember that there is a €150 a year service charge
    not at the moment there isn't. you only need to top up the account by at least e50

more here: http://aesirl.ie/limerick

I was wondering bout the service charge cos I've had their reps to my door & none of them said anything bout that, but my contract with Mr Binman isn't up til the end of sept so I'll have to wait & see whats the story then

They missed their first (organic bin) collection with me on Monday, and they missed the recycling collection today.

5 or 6 phonecalls to them to try and sort it out.

Not impressed, but I'll put it down to teething problems and as long as they both (a) get it sorted and (b) credit my account to reflect all the phonecalls I'll give them another chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Signed up myself a few weeks ago and have had no problems yet.
    Do you live in an estate, found that as they have to pass my house on the way in the see it, do your neighbours use them

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    They missed their first (organic bin) collection with me on Monday, and they missed the recycling collection today.

Not impressed, but I'll put it down to teething problems and as long as they both (a) get it sorted and (b) credit my account to reflect all the phonecalls I'll give them another chance.

was with them for 6weeks they never once picked my bins up on the friday by the time i get home from work friday theyre offices are closed the weekend.my usual monday morning was ringing them and arrangeing to have my bin collected which would be the following thursday.i gave them 6weeks to sort teething issues i cancelled 2day with them when my neighbour texted and said it wasnt collected. they broke contract wit me as a customer by not issueing me with their service

Just an update on this.....

Bins still weren't emptied this morning. Called them again and they said they'd call back.

Got a call back to say that both missed bins would be collected on Thursday.

Went out to take them in and they'd been emptied! Just as well I'd left them out!

Seems to be all over the shop, but hopefully now that they've started collecting they'll continue to do so - and on the right days!

Just an update on this.....

Bins still weren't emptied this morning. Called them again and they said they'd call back.

Got a call back to say that both missed bins would be collected on Thursday.

Went out to take them in and they'd been emptied! Just as well I'd left them out!

Seems to be all over the shop, but hopefully now that they've started collecting they'll continue to do so - and on the right days!

they came and took away my bins this morning aaway for good :D and they were all full of rubbish

Bye bye AES
    hello Clean Ireland i hope you give me for the service im paying for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Don't forget South West Bins, while yer throwing names about.

€100 first 6 mths - €160 2nd 6 mths. (that was the offer when I started last Jan)

Collect recycle and waste on alternate weeks of a Friday - never any issues. You also get a wet waste bin that goes out of a Wednesday on the recycle bin wks.

Another plus - their offices are in the shop units down by the Southcourt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

missed me for last two weeks too, and even collected my next door neighbours bin?! WTF?!

Can anyone tell me what day AES collect in Corbally please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

kiersm wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what day AES collect in Corbally please?

Im Thursday for Blue and Green and Monday for Brown in Carraig Midhe anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'm in Caherdavin and AES have changed the original collection days three times since I joined them last year.

However, they send a text on the day before all collections so I always have a reminder to leave out my bin as I only need to do so about every three weeks or so because I recycle as much as possible. Overall I'm pleased with them.

Advertisement