Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bfbc2 vietnam.

Options
  • 29-07-2011 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi all,

What is the difference(if any) between bfbc2 and bfbc2 vietnam?
    I havent purchased the vietnam game mode yet online, and i am starting to get back into the game now. Should I purchase it or is there much point if it is just normal online gameplay?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Totally different maps, skins, weapons, vehicles. Game modes are the same.

Worth getting imo.

Isn't this why you read reviews and watch videos on Youtube :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Not put as much time into it as the main game, but at only €13 it's money well spent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Isn't this why you read reviews and watch videos on Youtube :confused:

Jayaus give the lad a break ffs, hes on a battlefield forum asking what a battlefield game is like, nothing at all wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

thank guys for your help. There was no need to be ignorant Gilberto Eire.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

i now hate it as after i reinstalled it,it reset my BC2 stats :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I have both installed but cant seem to get onto any online play.
    have no problem with other games online, any ideas....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Soby wrote: »

That's not possible, the stats are stored remotely on the EA servers, not locally. You may have logged in with the wrong account.

Spear wrote: »
    That's not possible, the stats are stored remotely on the EA servers, not locally. You may have logged in with the wrong account.

I havent gone near it since as i was so pissed off.ill try it again later.but i only use the one gamertag so....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I havent gone near it since as i was so pissed off.ill try it again later.but i only use the one gamertag so....

Possible the transfer of stats failed. Which is your gamer tag for this, as they can still be checked online for a better idea of their state?

• Advertisement

All good now :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

All good now :d
    all servers went down regarding stats the other day, left only the first of every class unless you had dlc.

I just ran around with a rpg-7 and the garand

Dcully wrote: »
    Jayaus give the lad a break ffs, hes on a battlefield forum asking what a battlefield game is like, nothing at all wrong with that.

But the point I was making is that you need to see these things for yourself, looked like he didn't read any reviews or watch any footage, how can you ask someone would you like something?.

Also yes the BF forum, hardly going to get impartial views.
    thank guys for your help. There was no need to be ignorant Gilberto Eire.:(

Not being ignorant, just pointing out the best way to find out about a game and research it instead of asking someone would you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BFBC2: put a sniper scope on your M60, and snipe from the other side of the map.
    Vietnam expansion: basic M60, no ability to upgrade it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Its fun. As an add on. And its not expensive.

But I can rarely find a server with an acceptable ping which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

InTheTrees wrote: »
    But I can rarely find a server with an acceptable ping which is a shame.
    What ISP are you with? Personally, I go for a UK 32 man server that is nearly full. Ping is usually low, or if not low, very playable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bf2000ie

I find the vietnam maps much easier to take flags and get knife kills. Good for a new starter to rank up fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I think I'm going to get it, I just never got into black ops and always enjoyed Battlefield more, even though I'm barely average at both I get a lot more satisfaction out of Battlefield. Just have to learn how to fly a helicopter:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

You're sh!t anyway so not much missing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

BFBC2: Vietnam is well worth the outlay imo; it plays like a completely different game; no scopes (except snipers), grenade launchers or fancy toys. Helicopters are vulnerable to small-arms fire too, etc.

Just a shame there's only a handful of maps for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I really like vietnam, think its a great addition to the game. Only bad thing was trying to get the achievemnt for 50 kills in the Huey! Took ages cause im fairly **** at flying it and they got shot down straight away!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I'm going to re-install this tonight for the crackola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gearheart

Loved this addon, brilliant for the simple fact of ride of the Valkyries blaring out of the choppers overhead while veit cong tanks rolled through the rice paddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I really like vietnam, think its a great addition to the game. Only bad thing was trying to get the achievemnt for 50 kills in the Huey! Took ages cause im fairly **** at flying it and they got shot down straight away!

Let someone else fly, sit on a machine gun :) Nowhere does it say you have to be flying it to get the award.

:D

I like the Vietnam expansion, it actually got me playing the game again after I had lost all love for it about last september.

Its good fun, plus you can get a flamethrower. Its nearly worth it just for that. Oh and being able to change the radio station from rock, to hippy music and classical etc

Its one of the better expansions ever released for a BF game IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gearheart

this addon was good but doesnt come close to the fun on old school bfv the choppers and planes good times.

Advertisement