Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Tests

• 29-07-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

What ye think about your summer tests ? How did they went for ye ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Its been two whole months since the tests.

Stop thinking about that and enjoy your summer dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Although I agree that it's important to enjoy your summer,I don't think the question and thread should necessarily be dismissed.
    School is back in under a month and some people may wish to study before they go back if they were disappointed with some of their summer test results to catch up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Especially considering the only people on this forum who had summer exams are the incoming 6th years...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Although I agree that it's important to enjoy your summer,I don't think the question and thread should necessarily be dismissed.
    School is back in under a month and some people may wish to study before they go back if they were disappointed with some of their summer test results to catch up
    Tbf, I don't think a comparison of results helps anyone, and there's plenty of results given in the 5th year thread.

I'll leave the thread open, but don't expect much response this late in summer, OP. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

I didn't say that the exams went bad for me because they didn't... and I'm not going to study over the summer ;D I'm just wondering what other people think about summer tests and are they important for them ? Tbh i don't mind them. However it is nice to open an envelop and have nice results ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Exams went really well! Better than expected to be honest! Was delighted overall! :L What subjects are you doing? How'd yours go? Anyone gonna do a biteen of study throughout the summer? Like the week b4 returning? I think ill do that esp for accounting and english>?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

angela1711 wrote: »
    What ye think about your summer tests ? How did they went for ye ?
    How you did in the Summer Tests is only relevant to what work you did for them and what points you want next year. I put in 2 solid weeks of hard studying for my Summer Tests and did consistent work all year, ended up with 540 which I was thrilled with!. I'm confident about next year as i've built a solid foundation with the work I did this year and i'm hoping i'll maintain these points to get my course!

How you did in the Summer Tests is only relevant to what work you did for them and what points you want next year.
    I really don't know what to do for college!! haha, do you know what to do!! I got 600 in my summer exams but tbh, I didn't over-study... Like, i did bits and pieces here and there but I didnt do hours a day for 3 weeks straight!! I did like an hour a day for the week before and it paid off! Hopefully it'll work next year! :L Do yo wanna do Medicine? I really don't know what to do... Prob something in NUIG... Where you looking to go?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I really don't know what to do for college!! haha, do you know what to do!! I got 600 in my summer exams but tbh, I didn't over-study... Like, i did bits and pieces here and there but I didnt do hours a day for 3 weeks straight!! I did like an hour a day for the week before and it paid off! Hopefully it'll work next year! :L Do yo wanna do Medicine? I really don't know what to do... Prob something in NUIG... Where you looking to go?:pac:

You are seriously delusional if you really think that will work.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

ChemHickey wrote: »

Oh...Your one of those people :rolleyes:.....Nah i joke,well done dude :)

• Advertisement

well i think that the getting 600 in summer test is much easier than getting 600 in LC ;)
    and you will have to work much much harder to get 600 in the real thing, well done anyway ;) and I would really like to do Law or Law&Business in TCD ;) it would be my dream course to do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

angela1711 wrote: »
    well i think that the getting 600 in summer test is much easier than getting 600 in LC ;)
    and you will have to work much much harder to get 600 in the real thing, well done anyway ;) and I would really like to do Law or Law&Business in TCD ;) it would be my dream course to do ;)

You'd be right there...

And seriously, why do you put the winking face in every post so much?

Oh ya... I know it'll be a lot harder next year... but still, you don't need to over work yourselves to achieve "max" points... like, you need to know your limits... I've decided to do afterschool study next year so I'll have more than an hour a day to work on my weaker subjects. And I wouldn't be "seriously delusional" for that to work... I all depends on how you work through your exams and using the optimal technique to approach exams..For me I just do bits and not overwork. :L
    Thanks btw Pajero12 :L :P
    I'd prb love to do something in Maths- Thinking of Maths throughIrish in NUIG.. and they offer Chem And physics through irish there too with the Maths so maybe.. (I'd say id just do the maths in irish and the chem and physics through english as I couldnt do Physics in my school/)

And yes I agree with Paulmclaughlin.... winky winky wink?? :L It might be your trademark ... :L:pac:

You'd be right there...

And seriously, why do you put the winking face in every post so much?

I don't know why ;P just realise that I've done it so much

Advertisement