Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a US account

Options
  • 29-07-2011 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I couldn't see it if it was.

How exactly does one go about creating a US XBL account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Do it from xbox.com when it comes to the billing address part, google one of a business. Or use microsofts own one in Redmond like I did :D

Can't be more specific as it's been a few years since I set my own up.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Ah, I tried to do it through the xbox before and couldn't get it working. Using xbox.com never occurred to me for some reason. I'll give that a go. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Alledgedly, you need to set up a US based windows live account first... then set up a gamertag based in the US.

Just did it there. Worked fine. I used an old e-mail address that I had something@live.ie that would've set up as an Irish based e-mail. I set up the gamertag. The default country setting is USA. It didn't ask me for any address or postcodes or anything like that, it was actually really really easy in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

why go through xbox.com? can you get extra features this way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Jericho. wrote: »
    Just did it there. Worked fine. I used an old e-mail address that I had something@live.ie that would've set up as an Irish based e-mail. I set up the gamertag. The default country setting is USA. It didn't ask me for any address or postcodes or anything like that, it was actually really really easy in the end.
    +1.

No need for an address, or a US email. Same as normal, only choose USA as your region

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    why go through xbox.com? can you get extra features this way?

Setting up a US account gives you access to the indie games which for some reason are not available here. There's also the free arcade game Aegis Wing which again is not available here for no apparent reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Jericho. wrote: »
    Setting up a US account gives you access to the indie games which for some reason are not available here. There's also the free arcade game Aegis Wing which again is not available here for no apparent reason.

but you could do it through your xbox just as easily as well

Maybe, I tried ages ago to do it through the xbox and it didn't work for some reason. I, personally, found it easier to set it up through xbox.com. It shouldn't matter which way you do it as long as it gets done in the end. :)

Healium wrote: »
    +1.

No need for an address, or a US email. Same as normal, only choose USA as your region
    If you try to redeem any code/buy anything with points, it will ask you for a billing address ;)

I just used California as state and 90210 for ZIP code ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement