Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

niallo24 wrote: »
    Little by Little...oh dear god no.

Oh God yes, its possibly one of the most underrated songs Noel wrote for Oasis. Much better than Wonderwall.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Interesting. Although I really wish Noel, The Stone Roses and Primal Scream would stop announcing gigs very close to one another!

Joe24 wrote: »

Awesome do you know if tickets will be on general sale from usual outlets on thursday or if its just from Noel's website?

• Advertisement

karaokeman wrote: »
    Awesome do you know if tickets will be on general sale from usual outlets on thursday or if its just from Noel's website?

Not 100% sure but at a guess the general sale tickets will surely be available from the usual places like ticketmaster. Would be very surpirsed if it's just through the website. But it's free to register on the website anyway so might as well and try and get in on the pre-sale. Wonder if he will fill the O2?

Joe24 wrote: »
    Wonder if he will fill the O2?

I'd imagine he would.

Remember Noel is playing 8 Oasis songs on this tour, that will be a huge help to selling out these arena dates.

I'm guessing the O2 will sell out in maybe half an hour.

We'll see anyway and yeah I'm gonna try and go for pre-sale myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

whoever runs NG's twitter a/c just tweeted this.............one for the sky+ methinks:

"Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds: Somewhere In Between a doco on the making of the album airs tonight/Mon morning - Ch4 @ 12:30"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Saganist wrote: »

Will he ever take that f*cking jacket off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭conlufc

He'll be in a good mood tonight after that result. No doubt he will take the piss out of any Man U fans.

Number 1 in the UK as well. 120,000 units apparently. Nice one :)

http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a347061/noel-gallagher-beats-matt-cardle-to-albums-no1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86,910 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No. 1 album in UK charts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

What a night, started with it's good to be free and finished with little by little. Even got a soft acoustic version of supersonic. Unbelievable gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Great gig 10/10, many highlights particularly The Wrong Beach which sounds amazing live. He played a brand new song that wasn't Alone on the Rope, Simple Game of Genius or any of the b-sides before anyone asks

SETLIST
    (Its Good) To Be Free
    Mucky Fingers
    Everybodys on the Run
    Dream On
    If I Had a Gun...
    The Good Rebel
    The Death of You and Me
    BRAND NEW UNKNOWN SONG
    Wonderwall (acoustic)
    Supersonic (acoustic)
    (I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine
    AKA... What a Life!
    Talk Tonight
    Soldier Boys and Jesus Freaks
    AKA... Broken Arrow
    Half the World Away
    (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach

ENCORE
    Don't Look Back In Anger (acoustic)
    The Importance of Being Idle
    Little By Little

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Just watched some of the footage from last nights gig (beadyeysis you tube channel) looks like a savage gig! Noel was top drawer! Not too sure about the drummer maybe its just the quality of the footage on you tube. Roll on next feb!

some cracking videos on youtube - thanks to all that uploaded for those of us not jammy enough to get tickets for last night:)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Ive deadly ones from the front row, will get'em up later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The new song is called 'Freaky Teeth' apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Advertisement

Really good gig, the crowd were excellent. That said however, did anyone else find that the singing and drums were very loud compared to the guitars? Anyway, 10/10, can't wait until Feb now. The version of Supersonic was pretty cool also!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Got the album over the weekend. I have to say, so far it's excellent. Love the production, choirs, trumpets, strings. Good stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ciangaffney
    this guy off live4ever had a good position in the pit and he has most of the gig uploaded in 720 already, it seems the new song was the long rumoured Freaky Teeth

bet everyone's glad the gig was last night and not tonight with that flipping rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Gig was quality. Highlight was Mucky Fingers, did not expect that at all!!!!! :D

The crowd was amazing, obviously Wonderwall and DLBIA got the biggest singalongs, spine tingling!

Stranded on the Wrong Beach was the best of the new tunes.

NG was in top form aswell, plenty interactionw with the crowd (he has nothing on LG for one liners though, just saying s'all).

Do ya reckon playing It's Good to be Free as the first tune was a bit symbolic?

10/10 gig. Well worth 200 blips thats a fact, the few people I chatted with all paid E200+ plus aswell!!! Fcuking touts!

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Gig was quality. Highlight was Mucky Fingers, did not expect that at all!!!!! :D

The crowd was amazing, obviously Wonderwall and DLBIA got the biggest singalongs, spine tingling!

Stranded on the Wrong Beach was the best of the new tunes.

NG was in top form aswell, plenty interactionw with the crowd (he has nothing on LG for one liners though, just saying s'all).

Do ya reckon playing It's Good to be Free as the first tune was a bit symbolic?

10/10 gig. Well worth 200 blips thats a fact, the few people I chatted with all paid E200+ plus aswell!!! Fcuking touts!
    I had actually heard he had played Mucky Fingers at the soundcheck so I was half expecting it, I was expecting Waiting For the Rapture and/or Falling Down aswell. Was glad to see him play the acoustic version of Supersonic as the soundchecked version from last year was deadly.

I agree about (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach, it was a personal favourite from the album and sounded mega live.

It's tough to call whether (Its Good) To Be Free was a symbolic opening tune as he played it as first tune on his Stop the Clocks acoustic tour with Gem and Terry in late 06/ early 07 and again at his shows at the Albert Hall last year.

I paid €320 for two tickets which wasn't bad, I was offered €300 for one of them by some bloke on the way in. Having seen Beady Eye in the Olympia earlier in the year I think Noel is a long long way ahead of them.

Anyone else slightly worried that the facebook MCD link is directing us to tickets for the Belfast date on ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Anyone else slightly worried that the facebook MCD link is directing us to tickets for the Belfast date on ticketmaster?

The MCD link is for belfast, for the Dublin gig the link is on noelgallagher.com

• Advertisement

lmao wrote: »
    The MCD link is for belfast, for the Dublin gig the link is on noelgallagher.com

Nice one, cheers

Advertisement