Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Any luck??

I'm on the holding page for about 5 minutes :(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Any luck??

I'm on the holding page for about 5 minutes :(:(:(:(

I got standing tickets through the NG website presale. Reloaded at about 9.01 and got lucky.

Skid wrote: »
    I got standing tickets through the NG website presale. Reloaded at about 9.01 and got lucky.

Seriously ticket companies must hate me or something, it's still loading.

Ah for fcuk sake, it says they're sold out. And now Belfast is sold out! What a load of fcuking ****e. Yet again I'm left out in the cold. Fcuk you Noel you kn*bhead!!!!!

If I don't get one tomorrow (think I'll get the bro to stand at a ticketmaster) I'm going to die of dissapointment.

Seriously ticket companies must hate me or something, it's still loading.

Ah for fcuk sake, it says they're sold out. And now Belfast is sold out! What a load of fcuking ****e. Yet again I'm left out in the cold. Fcuk you Noel you kn*bhead!!!!!

If I don't get one tomorrow (think I'll get the bro to stand at a ticketmaster) I'm going to die of dissapointment.

Balls. Hope you have more luck tomorrow.

Another thread here, people claim to be still getting tickets

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056429075&page=2

• Advertisement

Skid wrote: »
    Balls. Hope you have more luck tomorrow.

Sound! I'll be going for the 'double pronged approach':

Me trying online and the brother at our nearest Ticketmaster outlet.

Jesus I will literally go clincally insane if I don't get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Sound! I'll be going for the 'double pronged approach':

Me trying online and the brother at our nearest Ticketmaster outlet.

Jesus I will literally go clincally insane if I don't get one.

If your bro does go to an outlet I would recommend him to go to one that's trustworthy in terms of opening soon enough.

When I got my RHCP ticket, the outlet opened at :8:58am to let in the crowd. Other outlets are unreliable as they stay to the usual routine of opening at :9:00am at which time the tickets may sell out the moment the doors are opened.

karaokeman wrote: »
    If your bro does go to an outlet I would recommend him to go to one that's trustworthy in terms of opening soon enough.

When I got my RHCP ticket, the outlet opened at :8:58am to let in the crowd. Other outlets are unreliable as they stay to the usual routine of opening at :9:00am at which time the tickets may sell out the moment the doors are opened.

Great point. What outlet did you go to?? Did ya get a ticket man?

Great point. What outlet did you go to?? Did ya get a ticket man?

I went to Manor Mills in Maynooth because I live in Leixlip for most recent gigs I've booked tickets for.

As for Noel, no I didn't get one in the presales just there, sold out too quick:(.

But I'll be at that very same outlet tomorrow as I live just literally 10 minutes down the road, so hopefully I'll get a ticket as I have been successful getting tickets for gigs there in the past.

I went to Manor Mills in Maynooth because I live in Leixlip for most recent gigs I've booked tickets for.

As for Noel, no I didn't get one in the presales just there, sold out too quick:(.

But I'll be at that very same outlet tomorrow as I live just literally 10 minutes down the road, so hopefully I'll get a ticket as I have been successful getting tickets for gigs there in the past.

Think i'tll be the Square in Tallaght for me. Hope you get one tomorrow man, load of bollocks, I bet loads of touts got their greasy paws on tickets.

Good luck and godspeed :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement

Think i'tll be the Square in Tallaght for me. Hope you get one tomorrow man, load of bollocks, I bet loads of touts got their greasy paws on tickets.

Good luck and godspeed :rolleyes::D

Thanks Live4Ever good luck to you too with getting a ticket.

And yeah I bet the touts were all over the presales this morning just as they will be tomorrow. For me it'll be in your face to the touts if I get a ticket at my outlet and end up saying I got it for face value.

I could say I will but you never know until tomorrow so I'll just pray for the best.

If I do get a ticket I will be absolutely chuffed as I do need to see Noel live and the O2 is perfect for him too when you look at all the s*** acts who have played that venue in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

No joy either for me for the Belfast gig.:(

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

And yeah I bet the touts were all over the presales this morning just as they will be tomorrow. For me it'll be in your face to the touts if I get a ticket at my outlet and end up saying I got it for face value.

I could say I will but you never know until tomorrow so I'll just pray for the best.

If I do get a ticket I will be absolutely chuffed as I do need to see Noel live and the O2 is perfect for him too when you look at all the s*** acts who have played that venue in recent times.

You should get one man. It will 100% seel out, however I can't see ticket prices reaching E200 with touts due to the fact that there is about 14x the ammount of tickets there were for the Olympia.
    Can'tseeme wrote: »
    No joy either for me for the Belfast gig.:(

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Good luck pal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Managed to get a ticket this morning for The Point. I was really lucky, as my debit card wasn't accepted on the British website and I had to ring my dad/da/father/padre/auld man and get him to tell me his card numbers down the phone.

For those worried about the w*nk*r touts, the email confirming my ticket claimed, and I quote, "THE ADMISSIONS ARE NON TRANSFERABLE & ARTIST TICKET RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE BOOKINGS OF ANY CUSTOMERS RESELLING & TRANSFERRING ADMISSIONS." Maybe names will be printed on the tickets, which are only due to be sent a week before the gig. "Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until the week of the event. If your tickets haven't arrived 48 hours before the event, please contact us."

Anyway, best of luck tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

Very surprised these went so quickly.

I tried originally to go by the website but it wouldn't take the password. So went through the link that was sent by email last night and managed to get 4. Delighted, but it looks like touts were all over this.

Some ridiculous prices when ya do a bit of googling!

Managed to get a ticket this morning for The Point. I was really lucky, as my debit card wasn't accepted on the British website and I had to ring my dad/da/father/padre/auld man and get him to tell me his card numbers down the phone.

For those worried about the w*nk*r touts, the email confirming my ticket claimed, and I quote, "THE ADMISSIONS ARE NON TRANSFERABLE & ARTIST TICKET RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE BOOKINGS OF ANY CUSTOMERS RESELLING & TRANSFERRING ADMISSIONS." Maybe names will be printed on the tickets, which are only due to be sent a week before the gig. "Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until the week of the event. If your tickets haven't arrived 48 hours before the event, please contact us."

Anyway, best of luck tomorrow morning!
    Joe24 wrote: »
    Very surprised these went so quickly.

I tried originally to go by the website but it wouldn't take the password. So went through the link that was sent by email last night and managed to get 4. Delighted, but it looks like touts were all over this.

Some ridiculous prices when ya do a bit of googling!

I reckon touts did get a few tickets from this mornings presale. There's a set of 2 x Standing on eBay for E286!! :eek:

I hope I get sorted tomorrow. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there's a second date.

Yeah true that, I'd be surprised if The Point staff are planning on checking the tickets of all 16,000 attendees to make sure the names match some form of ID. I hate touts, I'm still not over last Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Yeah true that, I'd be surprised if The Point staff are planning on checking the tickets of all 16,000 attendees to make sure the names match some form of ID. I hate touts, I'm still not over last Friday!

They're not even claiming to, thankfully.

Two tickets, for Beal Feirste, for me and the missus, no problem. My mates got tickets aswell:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

bought two tickets, i either have to find a girlfriend or drag along one of my mates who dont like oasis/ng! :D

GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!!

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    They're not even claiming to, thankfully.

There is a suggestion that they will be.

There is a suggestion that they will be.

By who? They tickets are already sold, its too late to change the terms now.

By who? They tickets are already sold, its too late to change the terms now.

To be fair, I have already explained the reasons why I reached such a conclusion. I'll repeat them however.

"THE ADMISSIONS ARE NON TRANSFERABLE & ARTIST TICKET RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE BOOKINGS OF ANY CUSTOMERS RESELLING & TRANSFERRING ADMISSIONS"

I believe the underlined phrases suggest that they might put names on tickets and check them against ID at the door.

To be fair, I have already explained the reasons why I reached such a conclusion. I'll repeat them however.

"THE ADMISSIONS ARE NON TRANSFERABLE & ARTIST TICKET RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE BOOKINGS OF ANY CUSTOMERS RESELLING & TRANSFERRING ADMISSIONS"

I believe the underlined phrases suggest that they might put names on tickets and check them against ID at the door.

Sorry I missed that when I read the thread. Anyway I believe those are just the standard T&C's on all ticketmaster tickets that have been there as long as I can remember. Nothing to worry about, it'd be a serious hassle if they tried all that ID crap.
    There'll be no market for touts for this one anyway, the o2 seems like enough Noel for everybody this time.

Sorry I missed that when I read the thread. Anyway I believe those are just the standard T&C's on all ticketmaster tickets that have been there as long as I can remember. Nothing to worry about, it'd be a serious hassle if they tried all that ID crap.
    There'll be no market for touts for this one anyway, the o2 seems like enough Noel for everybody this time.

Yeah, I agree. I can't realistically see them checking all 16,000 tickets against ID. Unless they very much publicised it before the event, which they haven't in this instance. One can dream though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/in-concert/noel-gallagher/

this is being broadcast next Thursday at 8pm on BBC Radio 2

cjmcork wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/in-concert/noel-gallagher/

this is being broadcast next Thursday at 8pm on BBC Radio 2

Bump

Anyone got a link to download it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I assume this is OK since it was on the radio and is streaming from the BBC website...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2Y7EAZRR

Really great gig. Can't wait for February!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Excellent gig, had it on my ipod all morning!

Advertisement