Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Mr E wrote: »
    I assume this is OK since it was on the radio and is streaming from the BBC website...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2Y7EAZRR

Really great gig. Can't wait for February!

top man! thank you

links to video posted on twitter this morning - you have to download all 3 and then extract (if you follow @nghfbleak on twitter, they have great downloads, etc)

Part 1: http://www.multiupload.com/6M1RJ7PQ5Y

Part 2: http://www.multiupload.com/CVY45X76NP

Part 3: http://www.multiupload.com/3362J210OT

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭conlufc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYYHqSXYUHw

Interesting snippet of an interview where Noel deny's any Oasis reunion.
    It's one of the things I like about Noel, he sticks to what he say's and tells it like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

what do you make of this , i think its....... genius , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqwyTH8D2y0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

daftdave wrote: »
    what do you make of this , i think its....... genius , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqwyTH8D2y0

How could this have been left off the album? This is epic, thank you:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

After a few weeks of listening Im in love with the album, like every track except 'Record Machine' and Stop The Clocks'.

I prefer the demos that leaked a few years back. Other than that it's an excellent record.

Liam was 'spiteful, childish and attacked me with his guitar': Noel Gallagher counter-sues brother for libel

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2064154/Noel-Gallagher-counter-sues-brother-Liam-libel.html#ixzz1eL1LgpQk

Lawsuits back on
    in the court documents, Noel describes his brother's behaviour during his time in Oasis as "irresponsible". With one excerpt reading: "The claimant [Liam] had a history over the years of not only throat problems and of pursuing such an incompatible lifestyle, but of treating Oasis fans and the defendant with disrespect by disrupting gigs, including walking off stage, assaulting them and generally acting irresponsibly."

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/60509

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

A few more dates just added for Australia and New Zealand as well as more UK shows including one at Edinburgh Castle.

Noel's on a roll now, great big tour as he expected at the press conference.

These shows will probably get even better later next year when his second album is out.

Might also be going to Belfast so I'll be excited at the prospect of seeing him twice next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

karaokeman wrote: »
    A few more dates just added for Australia and New Zealand as well as more UK shows including one at Edinburgh Castle.

Noel's on a roll now, great big tour as he expected at the press conference.

These shows will probably get even better later next year when his second album is out.

Might also be going to Belfast so I'll be excited at the prospect of seeing him twice next year.
    Belfast is the only gig yet to sell out and they're all big arenas he's doing after Chrimbo, plus he's headlining a big 6 date festival across Australia and New Zealand.

I seen him in the Beacon in NY last Tuesday and he was top class, closed the show with an electric version of DLBIA which was the only change from the Olympia set list.

His album has already outsold Beady Eye despite it been on sale since last February so it shows who the real heavyweight is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

To celebrate Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' first tour of Europe Noel's label Sour Mash Records have arranged for a video feed of the band's gig at Amsterdam's Melkweg this Thursday 30th November to be streamed online live from the venue.

The gig is set to begin streaming from 20:30hrs (CET) through www.eurovisionculture.tv

Fans who are unable to watch the stream can listen to the gig through the following radio stations also from 20:30hrs (CET):

Belgium - VRT Studio Brussel

Bulgaria - BNR, BNR 2 Horizont

Iceland - RUV, Ras 2

Ireland - RTE, 2FM

The Netherlands - NPO, 3FM

Portugal - RDP, Antena 3

Slovenia - RTVS Val 202

Turkey - TRT Radyo 3

The gig will also be broadcast on the following radio stations from 21:00hrs (CET):

Germany - NDR, SWRB, BR, DKU and HR

Hungary - MR

Italy - RAI

Poland - PR 4

Sweden - SR

thanks for this - but isn't Thursday, 01 December?? so is it Wednesday 30 November or Thursday 01 December????:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

hadn't noticed that as i copied/pasted

the gig is on the 30.11.2011 so if its live then thats today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

b00m tickets arrived this morning, see ya soon noel!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

Hi does anyone know if the Amsterdam gig is available anywhere as mp3's?

I found a link, but the uploader named 3 songs and none of the rest. It was a bit messy to be honest and that really bugs me!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Noel supporting the RHCP at Croker in June.

Noel supporting the RHCP at Croker in June.

Just saw this earlier on facebook and I was chuffed.

I only got my Chilis ticket last weekend but I'm glad I did now the standing tickets could sell out before christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What the hell is he thinking, supporting the RHCP?

Playing to a load of kids with baseball caps on backwards and boggers that heard Can't Stop on the radio, terrible.

This would have been the perfect support for a Stone Roses gig and they book him into this. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

nm wrote: »

Playing to a load of kids with baseball caps on backwards and boggers that heard Can't Stop on the radio, terrible.

This would have been the perfect support for a Stone Roses gig and they book him into this. Idiots.

Relax the cacks there Johnny and be greatful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Cashier no.9 announced as support for February. Decent enough band, should be enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Yeah, Noel Gallagher fans are way better people than RHCP fans. They'll all be raging they have to share a venue with such riff raff.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

This would have been the perfect support for a Stone Roses gig and they book him into this. Idiots.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with that in bold. Poor event planning imo. The Stone Roses crowd would have been the same crowd that would have went to Oasis / NG.

Anyway, I thought NG finished supporting people about 18 years ago!!?!

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Have to agree with that in bold. Poor event planning imo. The Stone Roses crowd would have been the same crowd that would have went to Oasis / NG.

Noel would have been a better support for Stone Roses but they had no problem selling out before christmas. The Chilis are doing about as well as the first Westlife concert on the 22nd (which is also selling poorly).

True but with the Chilis gig it seems like they just can't sell tickets (took a month and a half for standing tickets to sell out and tickets are still available in lower tiers) so I don't blame MCD for booking Noel to play as support.

I'm actually very excited about this because I am a huge fan of both RHCP and NGHFB. I saw RHCP in the O2 and was thrilled to be going to see them again.

Noel is a performer and a guest on Friday's Garaham Norton show on BBC.

http://www.noelgallagher.com/#news/noel-on-uk-radio-and-tv-this-week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

This would have been the perfect support for a Stone Roses gig and they book him into this. Idiots.[/QUOTE]

Noel Gallagher supporting the Stone Roses would not be a good idea as he has achieved far far more in the music industry than them. The Stone Roses had one good album or which Noel has at least twice bettered.

Supporting the RHCP does seem odd but it's a chance to target new fans and to play in a fantastic venue

Dotsey wrote: »
    Supporting the RHCP does seem odd but it's a chance to target new fans and to play in a fantastic venue

Ah now its not that weird.

Even RHCP have gone a bit laid-back in their older years.

Anyone who has heard their new album knows that, there's nothing close to a Suck My Kiss or Otherside on it.

And it is a great opportunity for Noel, he never played Croke Park with Oasis and being Irish it must be a thrill for him to finally play his homeland's national stadium whether that be on a support bill or headline.

Just hope he'll be going for all-killer with this headline slot, only the best from NGHFB and the few Oasis songs we all know and love.

Looks like Noel has taken a swing at modern day music as a lot of posters here seemingly do so. I would have preferred if he gave specific examples but still an interesting read;
    Noel Gallagher slams modern day chart music and Top of the Pops

by Hannah Hope, Sunday Mirror 8/01/2012

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2012/01/08/noel-gallagher-slams-modern-day-chart-music-and-top-of-the-pops-115875-23686963/#ixzz1irQK72H9

Noel Gallagher has hit out at today’s ­“talentless” pop stars... and claimed Oasis are as great as The Beatles.

The ex-Oasis star says today’s acts are rubbish and he misses the days when ­Britpop ruled the charts.

He also claims that ­Oasis can line up with pioneers like The Beatles and the Sex Pistols among the greats of British music.

Noel said: “The days of Oasis and Blur were the last great assault on the charts by alternative music. Christmas Top of the Pops was ­dreadful.

Every song ­sounded like it came from the same field of music. There was a rap in there somewhere, everyone sang in a transatlantic soul voice and it was rubbish.

“The Britpop thing was vastly different. We were all great live bands, and that’s gone now.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭thesultan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

man I love noel!

I always sense this uncomfortable tension in his interviews though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I always sense this uncomfortable tension in his interviews though

+1

His recent Jools Holland interview is a case in point

Advertisement