Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Video made for new single 'Dream on'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Temaz wrote: »
    Video made for new single 'Dream on'.

Disappointed about that I was hoping (I Wanna Live In A Dream) In My Record Machine would be the next single.

My favourite song off the album is Stop The Clocks but I doubt Noel will release it as a single.

Hopefully we will get another good B-side from this one.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Disappointed about that I was hoping (I Wanna Live In A Dream) In My Record Machine would be the next single.

My favourite song off the album is Stop The Clocks but I doubt Noel will release it as a single.

Hopefully we will get another good B-side from this one.

Those two tracks you mentioned are the ones I dont like on the album.

I find the demo's STC in particular to be superior. The STC demo is heartbreaking due to Noel's vocal on it. On the album I think there is just something missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Those two tracks you mentioned are the ones I dont like on the album.

I find the demo's STC in particular to be superior. The STC demo is heartbreaking due to Noel's vocal on it. On the album I think there is just something missing.
    i think it's because we're listening to them tracks for 5 years before they were officially released that they lost their appeal.

I think the b-side for Dream On will be Alone on the Rope, can't see that track ever fitting in on an album and so it's the only use for it

• Registered Users Posts: 86,913 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He is nominated for best male at the Brit Awards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Does anyone else think that this is a pretty standard album with a couple of good songs on it, and if it wasnt Noel Gallagher doing it the album would have maybe come and gone with a couple of top ten singles and nothing more.
    Maybe it was just too much expectation but I felt let down after listening to it.

cloptrop wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that this is a pretty standard album with a couple of good songs on it, and if it wasnt Noel Gallagher doing it the album would have maybe come and gone with a couple of top ten singles and nothing more.
    Maybe it was just too much expectation but I felt let down after listening to it.

No not at all, this is a top notch album in my opinion better than anything Oasis had done since Heaten Chemistry.

I don't think The Death of You and Me was a strong lead single though, I think something like Record Machine or If I Had A Gun if released by an up-and-coming rock band would have been a smash as the lead single.

Has he released anything off the other album hes doing?, I know its not out yet but can you get samples anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

No, not one bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

And it has been pushed back to 2013.

On the age old "if it wasn't Oasis/Liam/Noel, would you like it" question, that really is impossible to say. All I know is that it is Noel and it is mega!

• Advertisement

Itll prob grow on me like any oasis album i thought wasnt great at first did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds will release new single 'Dream On' on March 12th through Sour Mash Records. The B-side will be 'Shoot A Hole Into The Sun', the first track to be released from the sessions Noel has recorded with the Amorphous Androgynous.

There you are now.

nm wrote: »
    There you are now.
    thats a line out of If I Had a Gun... so it could be the remixed AA version

I got the beady eye album today ,
    I am on oasis fan the last 15+ years I am not here to flame.
    I said I wouldnt bother getting it because Noels would be better. I was way wrong . The beady album is far better. Maybe its down to taste but comparing the two together there can only be one winner.
    There isnt one song on the beady album that isnt very good.The first song on it is a cracker.

I said I wouldnt bother getting it because Noels would be better. I was way wrong . The beady album is far better. Maybe its down to taste but comparing the two together there can only be one winner.
    There isnt one song on the beady album that isnt very good.The first song on it is a cracker.

So I assume you are one of the four who voted for Beady Eye over Noel Gallagher on the poll thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

And I thought the Soccer forum was the only place you trolled :P

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

AKA Broken Arrow was by far my favourite song on the album, however I havnt met one person who shares that opinion, it's all really down to personal taste, as conversely, Stop the Clocks did nothing for me and felt almost anti-climatic as the final song on the album... Not saying it isnt a good song, this is a great album, but compared to the others it feels... S.T.C weak by comparison. Overall though this was up their with my most listened to album of 2011 and likely 2012!

(Shuffles awkwardly off stage after, unprovoked mad rant.)

buyer95 wrote: »
    AKA Broken Arrow was by far my favourite song on the album, however I havnt met one person who shares that opinion, it's all really down to personal taste, as conversely, Stop the Clocks did nothing for me and felt almost anti-climatic as the final song on the album... Not saying it isnt a good song, this is a great album, but compared to the others it feels... S.T.C weak by comparison. Overall though this was up their with my most listened to album of 2011 and likely 2012!

(Shuffles awkwardly off stage after, unprovoked mad rant.)
    I think most people played Stop the Clocks to death years ago and it's nothing new, it's a fairly melancholic song. I would've prefered A Simple Game of Genius to be used as the last song rather than a bonus track. Broken Arrow is a good song but for me the one I liked most was The Wrong Beach

Dotsey wrote: »
    I think most people played Stop the Clocks to death years ago and it's nothing new, it's a fairly melancholic song. I would've prefered A Simple Game of Genius to be used as the last song rather than a bonus track. Broken Arrow is a good song but for me the one I liked most was The Wrong Beach

I see your point on us all being familiar with the song but the version on the album I just think there's something missing. Not a fan of Noel's vocals on it but I love the freak out at the end of the song.

It's unusual for me to not like a vocal Noel lays down, but this is it!

Got my copy of the Noel Gallagher magazine in Easons here in Cork.

They had plenty of copies so it's safe to assume you will all get a copy at your
    local Easons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

I agree. I wayyy prefer the Beady Eye album. It has more of a 'kick' to it.

- More album songs than NG.
    - Better b sides than NG.
    - More gutar solos than NG.

But hey, NG's album is still very good. It's personal preferences really. I do feel more 'mad fer it' listening to Beady Eye. Noel is more chilled (as was expected).

The way I see it:

Liam and Beady Eye were lambasted and ripped apart the entire time before the album was released. They were never given a chance. Then it came out and the whole industry said, as Noel said in his first press conference "it's alright actually". Ok, it wasn't Definetly Maybe but it was certainly much much better than had been anticipated and generally got good reviews and scores of 3 or 4 out of 5.

Meanwhile NG is taking it handy letting Liam talk crap to the press every second day (somethings never change). The industry are all saying 'Noel's album is gonna be his best yet, he's been hiding tunes from Oasis for years. It'll be game changing.' Yeah it's a great album but I don't think, personally, that it was as good as it could have been / was made out to be.

I didn't see any poll though??

Live4Ever wrote: »
    I agree. I wayyy prefer the Beady Eye album. It has more of a 'kick' to it.

- More album songs than NG.
    - Better b sides than NG.
    - More gutar solos than NG.

But hey, NG's album is still very good. It's personal preferences really. I do feel more 'mad fer it' listening to Beady Eye. Noel is more chilled (as was expected).

The way I see it:

Liam and Beady Eye were lambasted and ripped apart the entire time before the album was released. They were never given a chance. Then it came out and the whole industry said, as Noel said in his first press conference "it's alright actually". Ok, it wasn't Definetly Maybe but it was certainly much much better than had been anticipated and generally got good reviews and scores of 3 or 4 out of 5.

Meanwhile NG is taking it handy letting Liam talk crap to the press every second day (somethings never change). The industry are all saying 'Noel's album is gonna be his best yet, he's been hiding tunes from Oasis for years. It'll be game changing.' Yeah it's a great album but I don't think, personally, that it was as good as it could have been / was made out to be.

I didn't see any poll though??
    Most of the songs on the NG album were written while on the last Oasis tour apart from the obvious two that are around about five years or so. The NG album is more listenable than the Beady Eye album which after it's initial punch for me lacks real bite and sustainability.

I think Noel should've used A Simple Game of Genius on the album rather than a bonus track, the 18 minute long soundcheck version was epic. The live version of next single Dream On has the guitar solo the album version lacks and then there's Freaky Teeth which is probably the best of the lot but ain't released until the next album.

Liam's input to the Beady Eye album was pretty dire, the four best songs was two by Gem and two by Andy which were all resurrected demo's from Oasis namely The Roller, Three Ring Circus, Millionaire, Four Letter Word

Yeah really missed guitar solos or any sense of gallagher rock n roll that made us all love oasis in the Noel album .
    Noels album seems to be veering into the coldplay script u2 style of rock . I think Liams job all these years was to keep him on the rock track.
    When Liam first heard Wonderwall he was refusing to sing on it because it was too reggae , they had to change it a bit.

Yeah really missed guitar solos or any sense of gallagher rock n roll that made us all love oasis in the Noel album .
    Noels album seems to be veering into the coldplay script u2 style of rock . I think Liams job all these years was to keep him on the rock track.
    When Liam first heard Wonderwall he was refusing to sing on it because it was too reggae , they had to change it a bit.

I wouldn't agree with The Script part, they are nothing like Noel Gallagher. The Script have many times been described as Westlife with instruments. Noel's not like that because his appeal is not his looks nor his high singing notes. But I would agree with the Coldplay and U2 part as the album does endulge in that kind of rock at some parts.

Beady Eye as described are like the old Oasis. If their next album produces anything else like Four Letter Word I'll be happy because I want them to stay as a go-mental band. Sorta like the idea of them being completely different to Noel. The variety is great for the fans who are into different things, until that one day we do see an Oasis reunion.

Im expecting the next one to be nearly as good if not as good as the first two oasis albums, the press will never admit this though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Got my copy of the Noel Gallagher magazine in Easons here in Cork.

They had plenty of copies so it's safe to assume you will all get a copy at your
    local Easons.

I completly forgot about that, i'll be picking up a copy tomorrow!

karaokeman wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with The Script part, they are nothing like Noel Gallagher. The Script have many times been described as Westlife with instruments. Noel's not like that because his appeal is not his looks nor his high singing notes. But I would agree with the Coldplay and U2 part as the album does endulge in that kind of rock at some parts.

Beady Eye as described are like the old Oasis. If their next album produces anything else like Four Letter Word I'll be happy because I want them to stay as a go-mental band. Sorta like the idea of them being completely different to Noel. The variety is great for the fans who are into different things, until that one day we do see an Oasis reunion.
    the thing is on the last two Oasis albums Noel perfected that type of song with Lyla and The Shock of the Lightning. I'd say he's writing these type of songs when they come to him and just using the ones that suit him, it's hard to imagine Liam singing anything on the solo album better than Noel

unkymo wrote: »
    I completly forgot about that, i'll be picking up a copy tomorrow!

Well worth picking up, a mix of old interviews/articles mixed with new ones, all with some snazzy pictures!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Dotsey wrote: »
    it's hard to imagine Liam singing anything on the solo album better than Noel

well.....

"hiiiiigh tiiide summer in the city, the kids are looking pretty, but itsn't it a pity that the sunshiiiiiiinnneeee-ah"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Live4Ever wrote: »
    as Noel said in his first press conference "it's alright actually".

I think Noel said something more like, "I still have friends in that band; it was alright." !!!

Advertisement