Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Slightly disappointed, no changes since the last tour at all. Still, will know the words to Freaky Teeth this time!
    it's still the same tour, just a different leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Dotsey wrote: »
    it's still the same tour, just a different leg

I know. That being said I hadn't noticed at first glance that Wonderwall was replaced by Whatever. Noel prefers to rehearse the set to perfection and keep it constant. Still, the last Oasis tour had My Big Mouth and Roll With It making their return during its last leg so something similar here would have been nice. Maybe later on in the year it will be shaken up after the next album is released.

I know. That being said I hadn't noticed at first glance that Wonderwall was replaced by Whatever. Noel prefers to rehearse the set to perfection and keep it constant. Still, the last Oasis tour had My Big Mouth and Roll With It making their return during its last leg so something similar here would have been nice. Maybe later on in the year it will be shaken up after the next album is released.
    yeah the last tour they/he dropped The Meaning of Soul and Ain't Got Nothing and replaced them with Roll With It, My Big Mouth, Half the World Away and Live Forever for the latter half of the tour beginning with the outdoor summer dates although My Big Mouth had two outings early on in the tour. No wonder Liam was annoyed having two of his songs wiped off the setlist. I just can't see Noel changing this High Flying Birds setlist now at all, I would like to hear A Simple Game of Genius live as the 18 minute long soundcheck version is mega

the only rare track soundchecked during this tour is Can Y'See It Now? (I Can See It Now!!) which was hidden on the end of DBTT

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Fcuking Noel. The man has played those songs a million times. He doesn't need to rehearse!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Looks like we are in for a long wait.

Noel Gallagher has revealed that his collaboration album with Amorphous Androgynous may not be released until next year.

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/62040

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

How do I get tickets for The Late Late Show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

How do I get tickets for The Late Late Show

No clue, my cousin got tickets though so I'll ask him.

I got them! Superb

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I got them! Superb

How did you manage that?

antodeco wrote: »
    How did you manage that?

Sorry, only back on the pc now. One of the lads in college had an email address for a girl who works in RTÉ. I just emailed her and pleaded my case!

Last night's gig though, absolutely mega!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭thesultan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

awesome as expected but you couldn't help but think during the oasis songs that if Liam and the lads were there too it would've been aMG THIS IS SO GOOD IM GONNA CRY! ah well morning glory tour 2014!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,913 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Noel is suppose to be doing a duet with Chris Martin from Coldplay at the Brits

Sorry, only back on the pc now. One of the lads in college had an email address for a girl who works in RTÉ. I just emailed her and pleaded my case!

Last night's gig though, absolutely mega!

What did you think?? I made it, by the skin of my nose, I was literally the last person to arrive a few mins before Tubs came out.

Did you manage to ambush him for a pic? I didn't bother sticking around afterwards tbh. Same sh*te I've heard Noel talk about a million times before. It was still cool being there though!

Live4Ever wrote: »
    What did you think?? I made it, by the skin of my nose, I was literally the last person to arrive a few mins before Tubs came out.

Did you manage to ambush him for a pic? I didn't bother sticking around afterwards tbh. Same sh*te I've heard Noel talk about a million times before. It was still cool being there though!

if i hear that man city 5-1 on my knees story once more i think ill explode!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭thesultan

:mad:Tubridy can't interview. Chirst can the man do some research. Who gives a **** about Man City. Noel was on about it at the gig again and all these ****ing fools acting the English hooligan with their ENGLISH soccer chants. Cringe

Ah yeah, I thought it was a a typical Noel interview; charming without saying too much new!

Nah, I had my camera and all but he was gone ridiculously quickly afterwards. He was in his big van within about five minutes of the end of the show. If only I was a Dublin footballer!

Ah yeah, I thought it was a a typical Noel interview; charming without saying too much new!

Nah, I had my camera and all but he was gone ridiculously quickly afterwards. He was in his big van within about five minutes of the end of the show. If only I was a Dublin footballer!

He's some lad...

On the English shows like Graham Norton don't the audiences get to meet the stars for a quick pic?? Think the audience is usually staunch fans? I pretty much expected there to be no crowd interaction with NG. Tubs is a geebág. The only thing I didn't know about NG was that he played football in Croker!!

Oh and lads, did you hear that he was on his knees in front of the tv when City went 5-1 up against United??!!

He's some lad...

On the English shows like Graham Norton don't the audiences get to meet the stars for a quick pic?? Think the audience is usually staunch fans? I pretty much expected there to be no crowd interaction with NG. Tubs is a geebág. The only thing I didn't know about NG was that he played football in Croker!!

Oh and lads, did you hear that he was on his knees in front of the tv when City went 5-1 up against United??!!
    Dont let Noel hear you say 5-1, it was 6-1!!

the problem I think with the interviewers is they're asking him obvious question and are oblivious that every other interviewer has asked pretty much the same questions and Noel being Noel is just giving them the same answers. I'd love to hear questions on Freaky Teeth, A Simple Game of Genius, Alone on the Rope and why Come On (It's Alright) didn't feature on the album despite it being finished for DOYS bar Liam's refusal to record a vocal track.. but then again these interviewers aren't fans so they wouldn't have a clue

Dont let Noel hear you say 5-1, it was 6-1!!

the problem I think with the interviewers is they're asking him obvious question and are oblivious that every other interviewer has asked pretty much the same questions and Noel being Noel is just giving them the same answers. I'd love to hear questions on Freaky Teeth, A Simple Game of Genius, Alone on the Rope and why Come On (It's Alright) didn't feature on the album despite it being finished for DOYS bar Liam's refusal to record a vocal track.. but then again these interviewers aren't fans so they wouldn't have a clue

I was just testing you haha!!

Yeah true enough, that's a standard interview, for a standard audience. Sure when I told my aul lad I was going to NG on the Late Late he was like "that drug taking scumbag??!" Haha typical Late Late show questions for typical Late Late audiences who only remember Noel for what he got up to in '96!

You need fans doing the interviews!!! Then you'd get some great answers from NG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Noel Gallagher has told the NME that he has dusted down a couple of lost songs from his Oasis days and is planning on hitting the studio to record them.

The first song is called Revolution Song and dates back to the Standing on the Shoulder of Giants sessions from 1999.

The songwriter said that “I've finished it off now” and added "It's not called 'Solve My Mystery', it's not called 'It's A Crime', it's f**king called Revolution Song".

The other song he plans to record is called 'God Help Us All' which was last heard on the Lord Don't Slow Me Down DVD release.

Speaking about that track he said "I'm going to finish that one as well" and added "I have got little bits of songs knocking around that I have managed to finish off as I'm not in the band anymore. All in good time".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

I think all of Noel's new songs just sound the same as Oasis song. Am I wrong?

vider12 wrote: »
    Am I wrong?

There are no absolutes in music. If they sound like Oasis songs to you then no you are not 'wrong'. You are not entirely 'right' either though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

to me they just sound like Oasis under a different name without Liam,

I think all of Noel's new songs just sound the same as Oasis song. Am I wrong?
    ur wrong

to me they just sound like Oasis under a different name without Liam,
    that's probably because Noel Gallagher wrote every major Oasis song and was also heavily involved with producing the albums so that's no surprise, take Standing on the Shoulder of Giants for example where Noel wrote 9/10 songs, produced it, sang lead vocals on two songs, played lead, rhythm and bass guitar on practically all songs with Paul Stacey providing some contributions. So this was essentially a solo album with Liam singing and Alan White drumming so how can it be a surprise that his solo efforts sound the same as the bands sound that he effectively engineered and steered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

that's probably because Noel Gallagher wrote every major Oasis song and was also heavily involved with producing the albums so that's no surprise, take Standing on the Shoulder of Giants for example where Noel wrote 9/10 songs, produced it, sang lead vocals on two songs, played lead, rhythm and bass guitar on practically all songs with Paul Stacey providing some contributions. So this was essentially a solo album with Liam singing and Alan White drumming so how can it be a surprise that his solo efforts sound the same as the bands sound that he effectively engineered and steered.

Spot on Dotsey, I always argued your points with people down through the years. i always felt that it would have been a better album if Full On and Let's All Make Believe were on it. Both are magical songs.

Well said, SOTSOG was a hugely under-rated album. I remember an interview where Noel said he particularly hated criticism of it because he worked so damn hard on it. He should have dropped Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is and I Can See A Liar for Full-On (which should have been sung by Liam) and Let's All Make Believe.

Roll It Over was planned to be the 4th single from SOTSOG (for late 2000) but its release was scrapped. Damn shame they never played it live, fantastic song.

• Advertisement

If you look at the track list for Familiar To Millions the only SOTSOG songs they played were Go Let It Out, Who Feels Love and Gas Panic. Poor showing for a new album but at that time I think they were at the stage when their best days were behind them and the fans only wanted to hear the old classics. I know that other SOTSOG tracks were played sporadically but it's a shame the other tracks weren't given more of a showing throughout.

Advertisement