Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Roll It Over was planned to be the 4th single from SOTSOG (for late 2000) but its release was scrapped. Damn shame they never played it live, fantastic song.

+ 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Well said, SOTSOG was a hugely under-rated album. I remember an interview where Noel said he particularly hated criticism of it because he worked so damn hard on it. He should have dropped Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is and I Can See A Liar for Full-On (which should have been sung by Liam) and Let's All Make Believe.

Roll It Over was planned to be the 4th single from SOTSOG (for late 2000) but its release was scrapped. Damn shame they never played it live, fantastic song.
    Roll it Over was/is too slow for Oasis to play it live I think.

Some of the b-sides were mega around that era, and with Put Yer Money Were Yer Mouth Is, I Can See A Liar and Little James on the album plus F**kin in the Bushes which was although a great tune was essentially an instrumental warm up it made the album practically rely on the 6 other tracks and it was ridiculously short. Full On was a track I always loved same with Carry Us All, One Way Road and Lets All Make Believe. If you factor in say Revolution Song, Let There Be Love and Little by Little which were written in this era during the recording then SOTSOG had the potential to be far far greater than it was.
    I knocked up a potential album from the tracks from that era and it looks tasty, maybe Oasis' popularity wouldn't have dropped if they released their available material.

1. F**kin in the Bushes
    2. Go Let It Out
    3. Who Feels Love?
    4. Revolution Song
    5. Gas Panic!
    6. One Way Road
    7. Carry Us All
    8. Full On
    9. Where Did It All Go Wrong?
    10. Sunday Morning Call
    11. Lets All Make Believe
    12. Little by Little
    13. Roll It Over
    14. Let There Be Love

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

Don't think i'll be rushing to go see them but they arn't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

All true, but I like the way NG kept some songs as 'golden b sides' rather than just using all the good material for albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

nm wrote: »

Tis ok, was looking for an entirely new song even though it was kinda obvious this would be a remix of If I Had A Gun.

Not bad though, better than The Good Rebel.

Thanks for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Quite good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Thanks for that nm. Been listening to a taped version from one of the concerts for weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Rubbish. No wonder the The Amorphous Androgynous album has been pushed further and further back. Strong feeling it won't see the light of day.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

they have a few descent songs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

vader65 wrote: »
    they have a few descent songs

For spelunking puropses?

'D'yer Wanna Be A Spaceman' got played at a mini gig/radio show in Glasgow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Any idea when this AA album is coming out??

Shane St. wrote: »
    Any idea when this AA album is coming out??

Looks like it could be next year rather than this year:mad:

Temaz wrote: »
    Looks like it could be next year rather than this year:mad:
    he has said its completed and just needed to be mixed.

Noel said the other day that this tour is looking like it's going to run through to November now rather than end in September, he previously said that the tour dies down in July and he'll work on the AA album then but more dates keep getting added so it's being pushed back

HMV in Cork have the 'Dream On' single in stock for 4.99

B-side is 'Shoot A Hole Into The Sun'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Broken Arrow totally should've been a single, IMO if it was the first release the album would've sold twice as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Temaz wrote: »
    HMV in Cork have the 'Dream On' single in stock for 4.99

B-side is 'Shoot A Hole Into The Sun'

Is that cd or vinyl ? I just got the 12" version in e2music in Dublin for €6 . There was two left on the shelf just at the door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

when these guys first appeared I wasn't sure about them, but they have really grown on me now!

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Is that cd or vinyl ? I just got the 12" version in e2music in Dublin for €6 . There was two left on the shelf just at the door.

CD version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

They are selling that in Ireland? For feck sake, I'm having a friend bring it over from London at the weekend because I assumed you wouldn't be able to get them in the IFS.

Just might order the Japanese deluxe release of Noel's album.
    CD

1-10 Original tracks on album
    11 A Simple Game Of Genius
    12 The Good Rebel
    13 Let The Lord Shine A Light On Me
    14 Shoot A Hole Into The Sun

DVD

NME Awards Performance

1 Everybody's On The Run
    2 Dream On
    3 If I Had A Gun...
    4 AKA... What A Life!
    5 Half The World Away
    6 Don't Look Back In Anger

Ride The Tiger

Short Film featuring "If I Had A Gun", "The Death Of You And Me" & "AKA...What A Life" (with the Opening and Ending credits)

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/2012/04/details-on-how-to-order-noel-gallaghers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Has anyone read Tony McCarrolls book??

Noel is an absolute cnut!!!!!

Live4Ever wrote: »

That's providing what Tony says is true and isn't embelishing certain things about Noel

Live4Ever wrote: »

Oddly enough I just bought this last week on Amazon, hasn't arrived yet, Noel being a c*nt isn't new information really but I'd say its a good read.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Dotsey wrote: »
    That's providing what Tony says is true and isn't embelishing certain things about Noel

I'd say he's being truthful really, I've heard a lot of people over the years say that Tony was treated very badly at the end.

I'd say he's being truthful really, I've heard a lot of people over the years say that Tony was treated very badly at the end.

In an interview in 1994 Noel was asked what he wanted for xmas. "A new drummer" was his response. The band even buried him in the Live Forever video! It was good of him to show up for the Definitely Maybe DVD interviews, he had some good recollections.

Who's going to see them in Belfast in August?

Apparently he's playing the Carlsberg village in Gdansk during the Euro's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

In an interview in 1994 Noel was asked what he wanted for xmas. "A new drummer" was his response. The band even buried him in the Live Forever video! It was good of him to show up for the Definitely Maybe DVD interviews, he had some good recollections.
    Can't blame them for getting rid of him and getting Alan White in, a much better drummer and the best Oasis ever had.

Advertisement