Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Great track. Is the opening line "I won't let your smile or flight get lost in the fog"

I think it's smile but flight would make more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Asked if they would ever appear on a live bill together, he said: "I don't think either camp would allow it. What happens if we’re on the same bill? People start asking if we’re reforming, that's what. Or they’ll ask if we’re going to get on stage together and sing Digsy's ****ing Dinner."

He added: "I don’t need that and I doubt he does either. I’d rather avoid it all together, thank you."

Last week, Liam Gallagher mocked his brother on Twitter for agreeing to tour the US with Snow Patrol. He wrote: "Snore patrol Noel Gallagher's High Flying Smurfs. Who said rock n roll is dead?
    "

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/65102

anyone have any info on the upcoming DVD?

I think we all guessed that this would happen.
    Noel Gallagher has admitted his “far out” album with the psychedelic Amorphous Androgynous might not see the light of day.

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.ie/2012/08/noel-gallaghers-album-with-amorphous.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Temaz wrote: »

Fingers crossed anyway, was not looking forward to it, certainly not from the evidence of material already released.
    Remix albums are always poison anyway.

• Advertisement

D-FENS wrote: »
    Fingers crossed anyway, was not looking forward to it, certainly not from the evidence of material already released.
    Remix albums are always poison anyway.

I'd rather a HFB new album or even if Noel released a 5 or 6 track EP including a studio version of 'Freaky Teeth' and a few other tracks he has recorded to tide us over until he makes a new album!!

Saganist wrote: »
    Don't think I've heard a Noel tune even remotely similar ??

No, it's brilliantly unique. If he was going to do an "experimental" album, it should be more songs like this

D-FENS wrote: »
    No, it's brilliantly unique. If he was going to do an "experimental" album, it should be more songs like this

Great song, very moody. I like troubled Noel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Great song, very moody. I like troubled Noel.
    I found it similar to b-sides like Just Gettin Older, Sitting Here in Silence and Swollen Hand Blues

Its odd that it hasn't even been officially mentioned yet, it did only exist on amazon.de and nobody has questioned Noel on it. Same with A Simple Game of Genius which is in my opinion too good to be just a bonus track

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Dotsey wrote: »
    I found it similar to b-sides like Just Gettin Older, Sitting Here in Silence and Swollen Hand Blues

Its odd that it hasn't even been officially mentioned yet, it did only exist on amazon.de and nobody has questioned Noel on it. Same with A Simple Game of Genius which is in my opinion too good to be just a bonus track

He's actually played 'A Simple Game of Genius' live on the Asian leg of the tour as it was included as a bonus track out there.

I've high hopes of them doing it in Marley Park. Brilliant song.

• Advertisement

Nah, they all still have a very Lennonesque sound to them that a lot of Oasis' slower songs had (Sorry, I know it's a cliché to compare the two but in some cases it's true)

Alone on a Rope sounds like the lovechild of Noel and Sade

Angel Child (1997 D'You Know What I Mean? b-side) was played live for the first time earlier at an acoustic gig for War Child, Noel also dedicated Wonderwall to "Stratford's finest Oasis tribute band" after their performance at the Olympic closing ceremony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Angel Child (1997 D'You Know What I Mean? b-side) was played live for the first time earlier at an acoustic gig for War Child, Noel also dedicated Wonderwall to "Stratford's finest Oasis tribute band" after their performance at the Olympic closing ceremony.

2nd time my friend ;)

From Please Hear Now:

Great to see some of the lesser-known numbers being played on this tour (D'You Wanna Be A Spaceman was played also), wonder will we see any more?

2nd time my friend ;)

From Please Hear Now:

Great to see some of the lesser-known numbers being played on this tour (D'You Wanna Be A Spaceman was played also), wonder will we see any more?
    I actually had that live recording of Angel Child on the computer and forgot all about it, he said during the concert last night that it's the first time he's played it since he recorded it so I went along with that.

I don't think we will see anymore as it's coming to the end of the tour, I'd love to hear the likes of One Way Road, Full On, Shout it Out Loud or even the alternative version of The Turning from the last Oasis album which was recorded at a soundcheck and sounded good. If Noel wasn't so lazy and popped these songs into the odd setlist as they're being released then he wouldn't have a 15 year backlog of b-sides waiting to be played live

I actually had that live recording of Angel Child on the computer and forgot all about it, he said during the concert last night that it's the first time he's played it since he recorded it so I went along with that.

I don't think we will see anymore as it's coming to the end of the tour, I'd love to hear the likes of One Way Road, Full On, Shout it Out Loud or even the alternative version of The Turning from the last Oasis album which was recorded at a soundcheck and sounded good. If Noel wasn't so lazy and popped these songs into the odd setlist as they're being released then he wouldn't have a 15 year backlog of b-sides waiting to be played live

Yeah, that version is from quite a while ago now, I think it was recorded in 1997 on Italian Radio? Quiet a few Be Here Now-era songs were recorded acoustically, they all sounded great, the Setting Sun/Fade In-Out one was psychedelic madness.

Sounds like you want the SOTSOG-era b-sides to get an airing, it's a shame they didn't play the likes of Let's All Make Believe, Full On would have sounded great although Liam should have sang it. The Sunday Morning Call single didn't feature Liam at all!

Noel has said before that he prefers to rehearse the set list and keep it mostly unchanged throughout the tours but some spontaneity every now and again would not go amiss, in fairness since the Stop The Clocks acoustic tour he has pulled some out of the bag, I never thought we'd get to hear (It's Good) To Be Free much less the semi-acoustic version we're hearing now! Love that new intro just before he plays it!

Yeah, that version is from quite a while ago now, I think it was recorded in 1997 on Italian Radio? Quiet a few Be Here Now-era songs were recorded acoustically, they all sounded great, the Setting Sun/Fade In-Out one was psychedelic madness.

He played a great version of 'D'ya Know What I Mean' at the Point in 1997, I was there and the crowd were mental for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I love the SOTSOG era B sides. I always felt the likes of "One Way Road", "Lets All Make Believe" and "Who Put The Weight Of The World On My Shoulders" would have really strengthened the album had they been included.

I love the SOTSOG era B sides. I always felt the likes of "One Way Road", "Lets All Make Believe" and "Who Put The Weight Of The World On My Shoulders" would have really strengthened the album had they been included.

It's a sin that "Lets all....." was not on the album. It contains some of Noel's finest lyrics and one of Liam's greatest vocal performances.

He played a great version of 'D'ya Know What I Mean' at the Point in 1997, I was there and the crowd were mental for it!

Stand By Me when the crowd sang the chorus... awesome!

Stand By Me when the crowd sang the chorus... awesome!

Indeed! I blew my vocal chords that night!!

• Advertisement

Belfast tonight... oh yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

so I presume it went Noel then Kasabian at the Belfast gig? really hoping its the other way around :D

so I presume it went Noel then Kasabian at the Belfast gig? really hoping its the other way around :D

No, it was Noel headlining the gig, Kasabian didn't play at all, it was The Enemy and Jake Bugg supporting.

Bit disappointed with last night, he played a cut-down set like the ones at the festivals and only played for just over an hour. Can't imagine it will be any different Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

a right, any word on whether marley park is going to be a mudfest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Yeah Noel should be headlining this gig imo. This man is one of the greatest British rock and rollers of all time and has just released an excellent album. He was the driving force behind Oasis who simply wouldn't joint headline a gig with anyone.Thats not knocking Kasabian whose album was very good also but it was just 2009 when they supported Oasis on tour...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

Hi

Does anyone know the what time Noel is on at in Marley Park?

Hi

Does anyone know the what time Noel is on at in Marley Park?

7.30 pm I believe

Article by NME on Be Here Now being 15 years old.
    These days, people queue outside shops all night for the latest iPhone or the new Call Of Duty. Fifteen years ago to the day, Oasis fans queued outside record shops to get their hands on ‘Be Here Now’.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=1&p=12642&title=oasis_s_be_here_now_at_15_was_it_all_tha&more=1&c=1

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

7.30 pm I believe

cheers man

• Advertisement

HOLY SIHT!!!
    Click here for details to pre-order Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds 'International Magic At The O2' it is released on 15th October 2012.International Magic Live At The O2' comprises two DVDs packed with exclusive footage.Disc 1 features Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds live at London’s O2 on February 26th 2012, the biggest Arena show Noel’s band have played to date. Disc 2 features an acoustic set by Noel at The Mod Club Toronto, the 'Ride The Tiger' video trilogy plus footage from the NME Awards. The special edition package also includes an exclusive CD featuring all the demos of album tracks, B sides and previously unreleased live favourite 'Freaky Teeth'.

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.ie/

Advertisement