Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Noel gone in at #35 this week in Ireland.
    Looking at what makes up the rest of the chart it's an embarassment to the country at the "music" that makes up the rest of it. It's not too hard to see why they pulled the plug on TOTP and shows like it. The music industry is in a pretty dire place at the moment in terms of the quality of releases

I got my cd copy by post yesterday all the way from Guernsey, no music shop in Ireland stocked it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Yeah, I had to buy the 7" in town. I'm not sure what they were hoping for in Ireland by not making the CD available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Liam still might sue Noel
    Liam added:
    If he listens to his lawyers and does the right thing then it'll be well and truly over. I never wanted it to happen but it has to happen.

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/58910

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Noel gone in at #15 this week in the UK.

• Advertisement

It wouldnt play for me but I heard it else where and it's beautiful!

If I had a gun
    I'd shoot a hole into the sun
    Love would burn this City down for you:cool:

F**kin hell is this classic Noel or what, this blows TDOYAM out of the water. The omens look good for the album. It has a real anthemic feel about it, I get the feeling it will sound even better live..

his melodies are just ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

What a ****ing tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuune....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Temaz wrote: »

Thats a cracking tune Noel at his best:) Its good to have him back the music scene has sorely his missed his talent over the past couple of years some proper tunage, hope he keeps banging the songs out and this upcoming album is just the first of many. Have a ticket for his gig and I really cant wait:)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭conlufc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Wow that tune is superb.

Noel seems to be getting better with each song, I'm just wondering now what the finished version of Stop The Clocks will sound like.

I just wish I was going to his concert now, please God he will play another Irish date soon:(

New single this side of the world is confirmed as 'AKA...What A Life'
    released digitally on September 11th
    Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are delighted to announce that following the success of their debut single 'The Death Of You And Me', their next UK single release will be 'AKA...What A Life!'. The song, also taken from the forthcoming eponymously titled debut album, will be available to purchase digitally from Sunday, 11th September.

http://www.noelgallagher.com/#news/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds-announce-ne

can hear 90 secs of aka...what a life on this new ad, sounds excellent again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZZSd5kzdA&feature=player_embedded

I agree it sounds pretty good, it's a bit of a left hand turn to what we were expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Didn't know this thread was on the go! Sneeeeaky! :D

I love What A Life!! Sounds great

As I said in a different thread, I he reverts to tracksuits for the solo gigs haha:

noel20g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

They actually re-released those Penfield windbreakers last year for their 35th anniversary (some might say the chosen colourway in honour of Noel)

He wore the other colourway on the first night at Maine Road & on his way home when he ditched the US tour years ago, I remember picking up a navy & cream one in Tribe in St Stephens Green years ago when I was about 15

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2010/03/01/penfield-35th-anniversary-pac-jac-pull-over-jacket/

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

Just listened to If I Had a Gun there now. Noel is moving up through the gears.

Thought TDOYAM was decent without being spectacular. The Good Rebel is, well, it's good :p

But If I Had a Gun is just brilliant. Bodes well for the album! Trying to avoid the versions of various songs floating round on youtube until we can hear the studio versions in full first. Not easy though!

What are the chances a second date will be added in Ireland? Getting less and less likely i think!

Edit: long-time lurker on these boards, first-time poster. Hello all!

Pulse8 wrote: »
    They actually re-released those Penfield windbreakers last year for their 35th anniversary (some might say the chosen colourway in honour of Noel)

He wore the other colourway on the first night at Maine Road & on his way home when he ditched the US tour years ago, I remember picking up a navy & cream one in Tribe in St Stephens Green years ago when I was about 15

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2010/03/01/penfield-35th-anniversary-pac-jac-pull-over-jacket/

HOLY FCUK!!!! Those jackets are 200 pound!!! Jesus, and there's me thinking "Hmm re-released eh? Maybe I'll pick one up". Thinking they'd be about 70euro! Expensive jackets!!

The only jacket I'd pay 100 sterling for is a **** look parka.

Had my parka for Beady Eye, would have been cool having this for NG but I don't see the point tbh! Ah lucky man, you have a vintage! :D

• Advertisement

It's well over a year ago since they re-released...not a hope of gettin one now as pretty much everywhere Ive seen is sold out, must see can I dig out my old one

Says here they re-released the green/navy too
    http://www.hipleeds.com/?i=7212

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Joe24 wrote: »

Thought TDOYAM was decent without being spectacular. The Good Rebel is, well, it's good :p

But If I Had a Gun is just brilliant. Bodes well for the album! Trying to avoid the versions of various songs floating round on youtube until we can hear the studio versions in full first. Not easy though!

What are the chances a second date will be added in Ireland? Getting less and less likely i think!

Fáilte isteach Joe24, the more on the music board the better.

Joe24 wrote: »

Welcome!

Yeah man, I'd say there's more chance of Bertie Ahern getting elected President than a second date. :(

Pulse8 wrote: »
    It's well over a year ago since they re-released...not a hope of gettin one now as pretty much everywhere Ive seen is sold out, must see can I dig out my old one

Says here they re-released the green/navy too
    http://www.hipleeds.com/?i=7212

There well cool looking. Where they that expensive back in the day??

Saw the Vauxhall ad on tv by chance. The tune is unreal. Cant wait to hear it in full.

Soooooo cool. I'd defo get a pair! Nice find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iGenius

Big Noel G fan, but they are sh*t in the extreme!

Still strongly considering buying a ticket for the 24th. What are they floating at now? €400-500?

Live4Ever wrote: »
    There well cool looking. Where they that expensive back in the day??

Saw the Vauxhall ad on tv by chance. The tune is unreal. Cant wait to hear it in full.

Bout 80 or a hundred quid or that I'd say

Funnily enough when he did the webchat last week my one & only question was are you gonna do an adidas collab seen as Ian Brown has done 2 & you were in the ads last year....I think those Gazelles are terribly disappointing though

Im loving the trainers personally.

• Advertisement

Next Saturday, 15:00 - 18:00 (UK Time) on BBC Radio 2 Noel Gallagher takes a break from rehearsing his High Flying Birds tour to present the Dermot O'Leary Show.

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/2011/09/noel-gallagher-to-host-his-own-show-on.html

Advertisement