Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

What's Marlay Park like for gigs? Excited for tonight, first time in this venue? I'd imagine wellies are a necessity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Ya anyone have inside info on the required footware?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

http://www.noelgallagher.com/#inbox/noel/rest-in-pieces-my-friend

noels diary entry
    Getting ready for a co-headline thing tonight in Marley Park with my old mates Kasabian. Haven't seen them for a while so I'm well looking forward to it.I lost the toss so I'm being put into bat first . . . so to speak.

dang, wouldve been nice if he was on later! still kasabian were good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Great concert, even with the sound hiccup. Noel was on top form, highlights for me were Broken Arrow, Supersonic, Ever-bodies on the Run and Don't look back in anger.

Kasabian were epic aswell. Crowd were mad for most of Kasabian,some serious jumping and bumping goin on , great laugh. Days are forgotten, Shoot the Runner and Fire were the standouts, but Kasabian are just savage live. It was mental were I was, just behind the pit at the barriers! Great night

Shoutout to the Cribs too, they rocked it even with a very small crowd

• Advertisement

Ordered the 2 dvd + demo cd version of the live album.

Can't wait to hear the demos!!

Gutted.
    Noel Gallagher has revealed that his collaboration album with psychedelic producers Amorphous Androgynous has been scrapped.Speaking to entertainment.ie when asked about the album he said: "I have scraped it now, because I'd recorded it these guys were mixing it.

I'd yet to take delivery of it the night before the press conference. And I thought well f*ck it I will just announce it how **** can it be? The famous last words. I kind of got it and I didn't like it. So they tried to remix it while I was on the road, and that was not working".

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.ie/2012/08/noel-gallagher-reveals-his-album-with.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Temaz wrote: »

Would have been interesting but if Noel says it was rubbish then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Loving his intro to IGTBF.

Freaky Teeth Demo - less heavy than the live version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Freaky Teeth Demo - less heavy than the live version

it's slower and more grungier than the live version aswell, still good to hear it

Much prefer the live version, very eager to here
    the rest of the demos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Biography of Noel on sale soon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noel-Gallagher-Biography-Lucian-Randall/dp/1857829565/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350045600&sr=8-1

Also, Noel is on Gaybo's chat show Sunday night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Temaz wrote: »
    Biography of Noel on sale soon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noel-Gallagher-Biography-Lucian-Randall/dp/1857829565/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350045600&sr=8-1

Also, Noel is on Gaybo's chat show Sunday night!!

Might check that out but due to it being Gaybo presenting it it's bound to be useless

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Paul Gallagher's "Brothers Oasis" is better than any biography. He gives the full story as the third brother looking on. He paints a young Noel out to be shy, but yet capable of being a total arsehole at times. Liam comes across as a wild thing who's decent at the back of it all. Check it out if its still in print, a fascinating read for any Oasis fan.

Paul Gallagher's "Brothers Oasis" is better than any biography. He gives the full story as the third brother looking on. He paints a young Noel out to be shy, but yet capable of being a total arsehole at times. Liam comes across as a wild thing who's decent at the back of it all. Check it out if its still in print, a fascinating read for any Oasis fan.

Ya, great book. 'Getting High With Oasis' is one worth having also, tales of madness from the 95-96 tour.

Loving the demo cd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I'm looking forward to listening to the Demo's CD when I get it at the weekend.

Anyone heading to any of the remaining dates on the world tour? I have Shepherds Bush tickets; only fair that I go to the last date seeing as I was at the first :cool:

I'm looking forward to listening to the Demo's CD when I get it at the weekend.

Anyone heading to any of the remaining dates on the world tour? I have Shepherds Bush tickets; only fair that I go to the last date seeing as I was at the first :cool:
    I got the bluray in England the other day, yet every shop in Dublin claimed it wasn't out until Monday.

Unfortunately I'm not going to see him again, seen him in the Olympia, the Beacon, the O2, the Custom House and Marley Park in the last year so I've got a fair dosage. Only missed two of his six Irish gigs which was the Odyssey and Croke Park and that was only due to their proximity to other gigs so its been a good year. Hopefully he doesn't take too long off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Dotsey wrote: »
    I got the bluray in England the other day, yet every shop in Dublin claimed it wasn't out until Monday.

Unfortunately I'm not going to see him again, seen him in the Olympia, the Beacon, the O2, the Custom House and Marley Park in the last year so I've got a fair dosage. Only missed two of his six Irish gigs which was the Odyssey and Croke Park and that was only due to their proximity to other gigs so its been a good year. Hopefully he doesn't take too long off

Yeah, Tower Records told me to come back on the 19th. Even though their website has a header with the date stated as being released on the 12th!

Yeah, this will be number five for me. I can't wait now. Never been to a smaller gig in England before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

The mans latest opinion: "Musicians are fucking idiots"

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/66814

Has anyone been listening to the demos on Faster Than The Speed Of Magic? Stand out one for me is Broken Arrow, was never a fan of the album version but the song sounds much better stripped down IMO, more vintage Noel!

Has anyone been listening to the demos on Faster Than The Speed Of Magic? Stand out one for me is Broken Arrow, was never a fan of the album version but the song sounds much better stripped down IMO, more vintage Noel!

I'd Pick You Every Time is beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Where would one get this demo cd?

Shane St. wrote: »
    Where would one get this demo cd?

Comes as a bonus disc with Noel's new dvd/blu ray

Great way to end the penultimate gig of this 13 month long tour in Houston by playing the fantastic Idler's Dream live for the first time ever, he also played A Simple Genius of Genius for I think the second time live.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

flyswatter wrote: »
    The mans latest opinion: "Musicians are fucking idiots"

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/66814

Spends too long looking in the mirror I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

Didn't see a thread in the Gigs forum and its probably not worth one on its own.

Just wondering did anyone try to get tickets that went on sale last Friday to the Noel Gallagher/Damon Albarn/Graham Coxon TCT gig in the Royal Albert Hall in March? More importantly, if you did, were you successful?

I tried but got nowhere unfortunately. I had my brother, sister and a friend on each of the different sites that were selling them but no dice. Sometimes I wonder does joe public ever get any tickets that go on sale for these small Noel gigs at all :mad:

Anyways, pondering whether to fork out over the odds on seatwave or viagogo or one of those sites. Wonder if it'll be an acoustic set like the previous gigs he's done for TCT, or will it be the HFBs with largely the same set list as the tour?

If it's acoustic, could be hard to resist it. Won't know that until closer the time I guess.

Advertisement