Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

New album must be in the pipe work if he running his mouth

*Reads headline................yep

Do love Noel of course

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I heard Noel endorsing these piano versions of his songs recently. He's nothing to do with it some guy online arranged the music. They sound beautiful when stripped down to the bare bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

I heard Noel endorsing these piano versions of his songs recently. He's nothing to do with it some guy online arranged the music. They sound beautiful when stripped down to the bare bones.

omg theyre so beautiful :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

New demo from the Oasis days has turned up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Temaz wrote: »
    New demo from the Oasis days has turned up.

Interesting, but Liam's version blows this out of the water

Fago123 wrote: »
    Interesting, but Liam's version blows this out of the water

Agreed. Almost criminal it was wasted as a b-side for that album considering some of the weak tracks on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

That leaves One Way Road and Helter Skelter as the remaining SOTSOG-era demos to be leaked

That leaves One Way Road and Helter Skelter as the remaining SOTSOG-era demos to be leaked

And a few others according to Supernovaheights. Love to hear Liam on vocals for Full On

Not In Circulation Giants Demos

01 : Full On
    02 : Teotihuacán (redone)
    03 : For One So Young
    04 : Idler's Dream
    05 : One Way Road
    06 : One way Road (Wrong Key, Instrumental)

And a few others according to Supernovaheights. Love to hear Liam on vocals for Full On

Not In Circulation Giants Demos

01 : Full On
    02 : Teotihuacán (redone)
    03 : For One So Young
    04 : Idler's Dream
    05 : One Way Road
    06 : One way Road (Wrong Key, Instrumental)

Forgot about Full On. I doubt there's a version with Liam's vocals in existence to be honest

• Advertisement

Forgot about Full On. I doubt there's a version with Liam's vocals in existence to be honest

Which is why I said I'd love to hear Liam do it:rolleyes:

Which is why I said I'd love to hear Liam do it:rolleyes:

Why the tetchiness? I wasn't having a go at you at all

Noel will be announcing details of his new album on Monday: https://www.facebook.com/events/739499982765811/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Hopefully he'll do something a bit different. The first album was boring as hell in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I very much liked the first album, but he still needs to change it up a bit. Much as Johnny Marr has slightly fallen into the "lack of change" category with Playland. Noel should aim to avoid this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

New album is called 'Chasing Yesterday'

March 2nd release date I think and 'The Dying of The Light' is on the album and in a much more grandiose manner.

Live webcast going on now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

A fitting name for someone who has been chasing past glories for twenty years ;)

I like how he is starting his tour in Ireland again. Might attempt both dates.

Bit daft to be announcing an album now that isn't coming out till March!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Sounds a bit like What A Life and something off Dig Out Your Soul. Typical Noel-fare, but that's OK.

Apparently there's more variety on this album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Sounds a bit like What A Life and something off Dig Out Your Soul. Typical Noel-fare, but that's OK.

Apparently there's more variety on this album.

Quite catchy if not exactly groundbreaking....

Nananananana.... :pac::pac:

Saganist wrote: »
    Nananananana.... :pac::pac:

Yeah that bit is quite Liam-esque.

Maybe we'll get a few singles released between now and March. Noel always said he liked the "three singles before the album" approach to a build up.

Deluxe track listing

Disc 1

1. Riverman
    2. In The Heat Of The Moment
    3. The Girl With X-Ray Eyes
    4. Lock All The Doors
    5. The Dying Of The Light
    6. The Right Stuff
    7. While The Song Remains The Same
    8. The Mexican
    9. You Know We Can't Go Back
    10. Ballad Of The Mighty I

Disc 2

1. Do The Damage
    2. Revolution Song
    3. Freaky Teeth
    4. In The Heat Of The Moment (Remix)

So we're finally going to hear the finished version of this song...

Or at least the version that didn't turn out to be My Sister Lover!

Also, Revolution Song is back. I hope he improved the lyrics because they were a bit cheesey!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I like the new single. Bring on the album!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It's only ok in my opinion. Catchy chorus but I was expecting better. Then again A Simple Game of Genius didn't make it onto the last album. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Batesy wrote: »
    It's only ok in my opinion. Catchy chorus but I was expecting better. Then again A Simple Game of Genius didn't make it onto the last album. The mind boggles.
    ASGOG was on the various different deluxe versions released across regions, didn't do the song justice compared to the 18 minute long soundcheck recording. I didn't find Stop the Clock or Record Machine particularly impressive given how long they were floating about and I predict Revolution Song will be as similar to the ten year old demo as these two.

New song sounds very good I'll give him that. I thought Freaky Teeth was a shoe in for the actual album. The verses of Lock All the Doors obviously became My Sister Lover but Noel mentioned the chorus and lending some of it to the Chemical Bros, I thought he was mixing it up with Comin on Strong but wait and see. The Dying of the Light was a song I expected to see on this album. But where are..
    -Oh Lord
    -She Must be One of Us
    -Dont Stop the Happening
    -Just Let it Come Down Over Me
    -God Help Us All
    and the fantastic Come On Its Alright
    Thats five good songs and one excellent song he has sitting on a shelf so he has a lot up his sleeve in case he gets writers block.

Anyway anything by Noel Gallagher is eagerly awaited, he's the single most influential guitar driven songwriter this side of the Atlantic in the last twenty years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

just noticed on the Play store that track times are listed for five of the tracks
    Riverman - 5:41
    In the Heat of the Moment - 3:29
    Ballad of the Mighty I - 5:15
    Do the Damage - 3:10
    Revolution Song - 3:32
    the demo I have of Revolution Song is 3:52 so if these times are correct then 20 seconds has been shaved off somewhere

Tickets got for Belfast and Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I presume people have heard this before, but if anyone hasn't it, it's well worth the listen. Hilarious!

"Full fat please,I want to bring on the heart attack as soon as I can, I've had enough of this life!"
    "The tour will continue for a full month, thats 4 weeks for people from Newcastle"

Advertisement