Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Re: this band, do most people go to hear them play Oasis songs?

Their own stuff ain't much good (imho).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

NIMAN wrote: »

Which songs don't you like (NGHFB songs)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Hold up there a minute. First off, they aren't a band, it's Noel Gallagher and his touring crew. He is a solo artist.

Secondly, the last album he put out was his best musical output in years, far ahead of anything Oasis were putting out towards the end. It went straight to no.1 in the charts also.

You cannot say this song is not genius.

Lastly, he sprinkles some old stuff in with the new stuff, but most of the songs will be his new stuff. People know that going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

judging by the time you posted this at I presume you're drunk and not fully aware. What a Life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hannibal wrote: »
    judging by the time you posted this at I presume you're drunk and not fully aware. What a Life!!

Not drunk, working.:rolleyes: and generally happy enough with my sad life, thanks very much.

I am just wondering if a lot of people would go to these to hear Oasis Best of, or if they would be going for his own stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I would say his own stuff, with a bit of Oasis thrown in as a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Wexicanfan

i really like the new song....

apart from the na na na na nas but f*** it, still a great tune

would love to hear liam sing it. not live tho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was thinking the same thing about Liam singing it. Never gonna happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Would love if he played this at the dublin gig:

• Advertisement

New b-side "Do The Damage"

Yes you gotta turn your mp3 over in order to hear the "b side". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Better than the single.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Better than the single.

I'm actually tired of saying that about Noel.

He's released lots of "B-sides" which are better than the "A-side".

Wonder who makes these decisions for him ?

Noel's a traditionalist - the single is an event, and shouldn't just have remixes backing it up!

Also it means he can flog coloured vinyls to morons like me :-/

New single first airplay on Monday morning :D Something to get you out of bed!

@NoelGallagher joins @jonholmes1 for the first play of his new single on @XFM - Monday morning.

Took a couple of listens but I think its pretty good

Sounds exactly like AKA What A Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Wexicanfan

Cringe

Sounds exactly like AKA What A Life.

Actually, I take that back, on first listen it did at the start but doesn't as it goes on. Its not bad. I like the strings. The chord changes are weird though, they don't really fit.

Its also the first time I've ever seen Noel hold a Strat.

• Advertisement

Love it.

Revolution Song is the b-side. I'm wondering will there be any lyric,tempo changes etc to the demo we've had for donkeys years.

I'm finding it very hypnotic the more I play it. This bodes well for the album imo.

This and Do The Damage are head and shoulders above 'In The Heat...'

Available now on itunes but no b-side yet sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Ballad of the Mighty I bodes very well for the album, pity we can't hear more of Johnny Marr's guitar work on it. I like the vibe of the 3 new songs a lot though.

A couple of the songs on HFB were a little over produced. EOTR sounded excellent in the soundtrack demo he was recorded playing on the last Oasis tour. STC and Record Machine were a bit **** to be honest and sounded like they were just thrown on the album to get rid of them from the vaults.

I dont expect any major change from the Revolution Song demo from years ago. Like the two songs mentioned above I think he's just getting them out there.

Lock All the Doors is the interesting one. The demo I heard from 1993 was basically the song that became My Sister Lover in 1997. But Noel said Lock All the Doors was given to the Chemical Bros. Coming on Strong on the 1993 demos is what became Setting Sun so he confused me a wee bit

Hannibal wrote: »
    Ballad of the Mighty I bodes very well for the album, pity we can't hear more of Johnny Marr's guitar work on it. I like the vibe of the 3 new songs a lot though.

A couple of the songs on HFB were a little over produced. EOTR sounded excellent in the soundtrack demo he was recorded playing on the last Oasis tour. STC and Record Machine were a bit **** to be honest and sounded like they were just thrown on the album to get rid of them from the vaults.

I dont expect any major change from the Revolution Song demo from years ago. Like the two songs mentioned above I think he's just getting them out there.

Lock All the Doors is the interesting one. The demo I heard from 1993 was basically the song that became My Sister Lover in 1997. But Noel said Lock All the Doors was given to the Chemical Bros. Coming on Strong on the 1993 demos is what became Setting Sun so he confused me a wee bit

None of the songs you mention were considered worthy of release at the time; that they are being released now doesn't fill me with confidence. The best things on the last album (What a life, Broken Arrow) were things that were newer and / or didn't sound like they'd go on an Oasis album.

Hopefully there won't be a 4/4 plodder on this album (with that Lyla / Dream On beat).

HMV will have a special 'The Dying Of The Light' vinyl on the 16th of Feb

B8SPhJeCcAAnNOP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

HMV will have a special 'The Dying Of The Light' vinyl on the 16th of Feb

B8SPhJeCcAAnNOP.jpg

I absolutely love that demo and I really really hope he hasn't over produced it.

If it's anything like the releases for the Oasis boxsets last year, these will only be available in the disUnited Kingdom. So get your ebay and discogs orders in!

If it's anything like the releases for the Oasis boxsets last year, these will only be available in the disUnited Kingdom. So get your ebay and discogs orders in!

I have a brother in London so I'm sorted!

• Advertisement

I have a brother in London so I'm sorted!

Do you have two brothers in London, by any chance?! (Or alternatively, one brother who wants to send to copies?!) :pac:

Advertisement