Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Temaz wrote: »
    Competition on Noel's official website for two tickets to the Dublin gig.

How do you enter?

I tried and they only directed me to my facebook account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

karaokeman wrote: »
    How do you enter?

I tried and they only directed me to my facebook account.

When you sign into Noel's site it's in the friends option! You'll see 'competitions' just click on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

thanks for notification of the competition...........love If I had a gun.............what a song!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

cjmcork wrote: »
    thanks for notification of the competition...........love If I had a gun.............what a song!

+1 Great Song

Interesting...
    And then there's "Record Machine." While great quality demos of the song circulate, the song -- is, like all of these songs, under 4 minutes. Producer Dave Sardy has stripped things back in many respects. But it's no less epic. Sporting a smoother, more intimate vocal than the demo and strings that come in almost at the beginning of the song, "Record Machine" is the Oasis song Noel Gallagher hasn't released in ages.

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/2011/09/more-on-noel-gallaghers-high-flying.html

• Advertisement

Bad review from UNCUT.

nvxug3.png

4/5 from Q.

f3uduh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Have to disagree with them about AKA...What a life - I like it.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Only 3 weeks!

Surely this is going to leak soon. The new Kasabian album was leaked nearly 2 weeks before it was available in the shops.

ignoring all reviews - have it on pre-order but I really like what I've heard so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

An acoustic version of Supersonic played by Noel on Italian radio RTL 102.5 earlier today, it's similar to the soundchecked version from the Albert Hall last year and could be a sign that he's going to play it on his upcoming tour.

The B-Side to IIHAG is called.....'I'd Pick You Every Time'

The B-Side to IIHAG is called.....'I'd Pick You Every Time'
    So i seen, "IIHAG" in released in Ireland and the US on 14 October as a single on all formats whereas "AKA... WAL" is released in Britain as a single on 17 October both with different b-sides so will have to get both on cd.

I love this song so much - the lyrics are beautiful............why have all the videos so far had a cowboy reference!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Are the 3 songs linked? From a comment on Youtube
    So if this is the prequel to Death of you and me, Is What a life going to be the prequel to this? I ****ing love that, it's brilliant.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I soooooo can't wait for this album to come out.

I'm actually very happy Noel decided to release it before the new album with Amorphous Androgynous he has penned for next year, which is supposed to sound something like Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon.

Its been so long since we've had such a great British rock 'n' roll album, and Noel is just fantastic at what he does traditionally.

It will be a great record and hopefully many gigs to follow in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Not sure about Supersonic acoustic, rather it be left the belter that its meant to be.

If I Had a Gun from the same radio session is brilliant though, prefer that acoustic to the studio version.

Exclusive clip of 'If I Had A Gun' Amorphous Androgynous Version

Dotsey wrote: »
    An acoustic version of Supersonic played by Noel on Italian radio RTL 102.5 earlier today, it's similar to the soundchecked version from the Albert Hall last year and could be a sign that he's going to play it on his upcoming tour.

Thanks!!! Like the version!!

Makes me wonder what “Oasis Era” songs Noel will sing in the upcoming shows and what will the % old vs new be.
    I’d like him to include:
    The Masterplan
    Slide Away
    Live Forever
    Cast no shadow
    Falling Down (for some upbeat stuff)
    Some might say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

Exclusive clip of 'If I Had A Gun' Amorphous Androgynous Version

Cheers for the clip. Sounds interesting. Probably wouldn't sound out of place on a Pink Floyd album. Does anyone know if the Amorphous Androgynous album will be a reworking of the songs on the High Flying Birds album or will it be new songs? Did Noel say in that interview if it would be new songs? I can't remember :o

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

I'm nearly sure it was new songs suitable for that album.

Joe24 wrote: »
    Cheers for the clip. Sounds interesting. Probably wouldn't sound out of place on a Pink Floyd album. Does anyone know if the Amorphous Androgynous album will be a reworking of the songs on the High Flying Birds album or will it be new songs? Did Noel say in that interview if it would be new songs? I can't remember :o
    New songs I believe!!!

New songs I believe!!!

From what I've read it will be all new songs along with 3 from his upcoming album.

Cheers for the answers lads. Was thinking it would be a bit cheeky to just remix the new album and expect it to sell. Having said that, I would probably still buy it anyway!

Really like that clip of IIHAG. Not as 'far out' as I thought it was gonna be. Was a bit unsure of what to expect when it was announced that Amorphous Androgynous would be on board for the second album but that clip eases nerves a bit. Hope it stays along those lines.

I guess there's still the small matter of the first album before all that. Roll on the 17th of October. Cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Thanks!!! Like the version!!

Makes me wonder what “Oasis Era” songs Noel will sing in the upcoming shows and what will the % old vs new be.
    I’d like him to include:
    The Masterplan
    Slide Away
    Live Forever
    Cast no shadow
    Falling Down (for some upbeat stuff)
    Some might say

I'd love to hear a reworked version of Bag it Up. That tune rocks..

^^

Surprised he agreed to mime!

Noel Gallagher will play "seven or eight" Oasis songs at his solo gigs.

The 'AKA... What A Life!' singer is currently rehearsing for his debut concerts with his High Flying Birds project and as well as performing his forthcoming album almost in its entirety, he realised the shows would be short so will include more of his formed group than originally intended.

He said: "It was f***ing very short. [The number of Oasis songs] has gone from four, to six. In fact, it could actually be seven or eight now."

Noel will also play B-side 'The Good Rebel' and a new track at the shows.

Two tracks on Noel's album, 'Everybody's On The Run' and 'If I Had A Gun', were written during Oasis' South American tour three years ago - after he had stopped travelling with the rest of band as his relationships with his brother, frontman Liam, had got "so f***ing bad" - and the 44-year-old rocker says he only started penning more songs out of boredom.

He told NME magazine: "That's when it was at its f***ing lowest ebb. That was it. It was my decision. Mine and Liam's relationship, it got so f***ing bad, it was like, 'I'm gonna do everybody a favour here, I'm going to travel alone because it's a bad atmosphere.'

"I'm alright being on my own. So at that point I was writing, not for any specific reason, just because I had a lot

• Advertisement

Joe24 wrote: »
    ^^

Surprised he agreed to mime!
    Yea…. remember the time Noel and Liam swapped placed on Top of the Pops when they asked them to mime…. Classic!!!!
    Obviously Noel doesn’t want to turn down any TV time…. Wonder when he’ll appear on Irish or UK tv? Hope he sings live there!

Advertisement