Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

unkymo wrote: »
    302388_178433078906777_100002202593770_373787_1425459666_n.jpg

Oh Yeah!!

Mine arrived this morning as well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

seachto7 wrote: »
    LLS is the same, they use backing tracks, and the vocals are live. Tis the way it is in Ireland......
    Kasbaian are tw@ts anyways. A poor man's Oasis/Stone Roses/The Music wannabees with some kind of "attitude" to match.............

kasabian are boss :D

whats the chances of noel to play more gigs in early 2012 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

ricero wrote: »
    kasabian are boss :D

Really hope he does. The demand is there surely?? Absolutley sick i'm going on Sunday, as i'm sure most without a ticket are :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

We will see on sunday what the reaction is at his Olympia gig.

Hopefully the rest of the theatre shows will generate as much enthusiasm as I'm sure Dublin will for Noel on sunday.

If he does announce an arena tour, I pray to God it will be early enough in the year, like Febuary or March. I don't like waiting TOO LONG for gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

karaokeman wrote: »
    We will see on sunday what the reaction is at his Olympia gig.

Hopefully the rest of the theatre shows will generate as much enthusiasm as I'm sure Dublin will for Noel on sunday.

If he does announce an arena tour, I pray to God it will be early enough in the year, like Febuary or March. I don't like waiting TOO LONG for gigs.
    I don't think he will be back until the new album is released next summer to be honest. He did say he was releasing this then going around the major cities, having a month or two off then sorting the next album and going full tilt

• Advertisement

Dotsey wrote: »
    I don't think he will be back until the new album is released next summer to be honest. He did say he was releasing this then going around the major cities, having a month or two off then sorting the next album and going full tilt

He also said that if the High Flying Birds album is successful the second album will be delayed until late next year, so that could mean he will have a few upcoming shows towards the summer.

I'm guessing Noel will probably do a few festivals in June/ early July and take a break from late July till the Autumn to put any finishing touches to the next album.

And the fact he's only playing one Olympia could be a sign that a bigger Irish show is on the way like the O2 because if he's playing only one date there will be more people with money to buy tickets for the O2 show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

RTE have had their say on the album giving it a shocking 2 stars! Who is this Alan Corr bloke? http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1018/gallaghernoel.html

Infairness he comes in for some slack from the general public in the comments, which is encouraging! But I cant believe this, who does this guy think he is, it is atleast a 3 star, indicating above average, in my opinion it is a 4 star, good/v.good. 2 star is indicating it is basically a poor album...

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Saganist wrote: »
    Not like it aint been done before

Such a classic!!!! Still makes me smile!!!
    This is probably the only time ever the Noel has appeared on stage without his guitar!!!

Saganist wrote: »
    Not like it aint been done before

Highlight of this is when he shakes the tamborine, liams esque!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

3 full listens now, not feeling it. The middle in particular is weak, and Stop the Clocks is nothing to write home about in my opinion.

Still waiting on an album with just him and an acoustic. That's the Noel wet dream for me anyway (in a non homo erotic way of course). Something stripped down to the basics, along the line of Johnny Cashs work with Rick Rubin (although obviously not in the same musical style).

Like this demo of Let There be Love when it was just him solo carries so much more heart than the final version. More of these type of recordings please (albeit with better sound quality). Also although I think If I Had a Gun is the best song on the album, for some reason the soundcheck version carries more weight for me when its just Noel solo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

niallo24 wrote: »
    3 full listens now, not feeling it. The middle in particular is weak, and Stop the Clocks is nothing to write home about in my opinion.

Still waiting on an album with just him and an acoustic. That's the Noel wet dream for me anyway (in a non homo erotic way of course). Something stripped down to the basics, along the line of Johnny Cashs work with Rick Rubin (although obviously not in the same musical style).

Like this demo of Let There be Love when it was just him solo carries so much more heart than the final version. More of these type of recordings please (albeit with better sound quality).

I think you can thank Dave Sardy for that. He remixed it after Noel had sent it to him. Sardy was supposed to have said that Noel's original mix sounded like "two blokes playing in a room reading it off a piece of paper "..

From about 11 mins in...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I feel the same about "Everybody's on the Run". The Sound Check version has 10 times the soul and emotion of the Album version.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Glad Noel is heading to #1 in the UK. Great album and it deserves no less. His lack of promo is odd though. He doesn't seem to be doing any TV promo this week - only Wossy on Sat which will only impact on sales for next week. I would've though he would've gone on Wossy last Sat and maybe Jools Holland during the week, but nothing.

What are the chances he appears on the Late Late show this week? Would love him to perform and be interviewed. Would no doubt make a fool of Tubridy with his excellent wit.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

niallo24 wrote: »

Like this demo of Let There be Love when it was just him solo carries so much more heart than the final version. More of these type of recordings please (albeit with better sound quality). Also although I think If I Had a Gun is the best song on the album, for some reason the soundcheck version carries more weight for me when its just Noel solo.

Some interesting points there.

I dunno, I like the album the whole way though. I think NG played it safe with only 10 songs tbh.

Have to agree NG pure acoustic would be magic. Doing something like JC would be soooo good. Obviously that would sit very well with the die-hards but as far as getting new fans I'm not sure....
    SB-08 wrote: »
    Glad Noel is heading to #1 in the UK. Great album and it deserves no less. His lack of promo is odd though. He doesn't seem to be doing any TV promo this week - only Wossy on Sat which will only impact on sales for next week. I would've though he would've gone on Wossy last Sat and maybe Jools Holland during the week, but nothing.

What are the chances he appears on the Late Late show this week? Would love him to perform and be interviewed. Would no doubt make a fool of Tubridy with his excellent wit.:)

Actually maybe he could make the Late Late.. When do they announce the line up??? Get in!!! #1

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Actually maybe he could make the Late Late.. When do they announce the line up??? Get in!!! #1
    Would be supprised if he wasn't on Late Late or Saturday night show.
    I could make an exception and watch that Brendan O'Connor muck if NG was on it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/59916

glad to see they finally but all that previous nonsense to bed.

also imagine if noel joined kasabian it would of been ****ing mega :D

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/59916

glad to see they finally but all that previous nonsense to bed.

also imagine if noel joined kasabian it would of been ****ing mega :D

If Noel joined Kasabian then the rest of the music world might aswell just give up. Music could never get better than Kasabian and N.G together. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cossy09

The Minutes to support Noel Gallagher on debut solo performance

20 October 2011

We've spoken at length on these pages about The Minutes already this year and it doesn't seem that we'll be stopping anytime soon. One of the hardest working bands in the country, The Minutes have now been confirmed as support to Noel Gallagher's first ever solo show at the Olympia on Sunday October 23rd and, as mentioned already on this site, have been confirmed as part of the Irish contingent set for Eurosonic 2012 in Gronigen in January.
    The Minutes are currently stateside in NYC, showcasing their music at CMJ and will return this weekend to share the stages with Glasvegas in Cork on Saturday and off to the Olympia on Sunday night. And will set off around Europe supporting Flogging Molly on their 23 date European tour for the month of November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Read about The Minutes getting the support slot on their facebook, fair play, no better men for the job

• Registered Users Posts: 26 powerjuggler

buyer95 wrote: »
    If Noel joined Kasabian then the rest of the music world might aswell just give up. Music could never get better than Kasabian and N.G together. :rolleyes:

If you are deriving some mild excitement from this mundane fantasy, an ideal that you have manufactured in your brain, then good luck to you. You are going to need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭squonk

I gave the album a listen the day it came out last Friday. I haven't gone back since. I've very mid tempo and quite boring after a while. It needs more variety and I'm saying this as a NG fan overall. I was quite disappointed. It gets very monotonous after 30 minutes consecutive listening.

Proper band performance, NO PLAYBACK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

#1 in the Irish album charts.

http://irma.ie/aucharts.asp#albums

Beady Eye only hit #3 and Dig Out Your Soul only hit #2 so it's looking good

Dotsey wrote: »
    #1 in the Irish album charts.

http://irma.ie/aucharts.asp#albums

Beady Eye only hit #3 and Dig Out Your Soul only hit #2 so it's looking good

That's a relief.

Noel put real effort into this album and it would be such a shame if it all went to waste.

No doubt Noel will have a successful solo career. He has already been the most successful rock musician of the past 20 years, creating his own genre - Noelrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

This sounds f*cking amazing live. (spot the Eurotrash presenter in here somewhere..!)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

^^^This

Jeremy Stacey giving it loads.

anybody want to give me a ticket for the gig tomorrow, very depressed when i think about it and me not being there:mad:

UNKLE REMIX of 'Let The Lord Shine A Light On Me'

• Advertisement

Noel Gallagher will be a guest on 'The Jonathan Ross Show' the show is broadcast on ITV1 from 9:55pm to 10:55pm (UK Only).Jonathan tweeted earlier today that Noel played AKA.. What A Life! and Little By Little.

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.com/2011/10/noel-gallagher-is-on-jonathan-ross-show.html

Advertisement