Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commode for elderly parent

Options
  • 29-07-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I am looking to buy a commode for my elderly mother, she would like a chair type of commode that would also look nice and discreet in her bedroom rather than the clinical plastic type.

Can anyone advise where would be best to buy while not breaking the bank!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

assistireland.ie. good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 maxtiny

Thanks for your reply, I had a look at their website and will give them a ring on Tuesday as they have no prices on their site.

I also had a look at Murray's medical but their prices are very steep! I am looking at about a maximum of €200 if possible .....but maybe I'm being optimistic with that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

Your welcome. I think it is something you will have to pay more for, because really you dont want something secondhand, obviously. Unless you bought an armchair and had a carpenter adapt it for you, thats the only thing I can think of. sorry not much help.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 maxtiny

I think you are probably right, I will check the prices with assist Ireland .... I can only imagine the reaction if I even suggested a second hand one!! The carpenter suggestion could end up even more costly I would think and also quite time consuming.

Thanks again for your reply

Advertisement