Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light headed / Feel Faint

Options
  • 29-07-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi Ladies, just wondering have any of you had any similar experiences. Im 29 weeks pregnant and for the last few days have been having spells of lightheadedness / feeling faint, it lasts about 10 mins or so then disappears, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I found that if I got up too fast I'd feel faint and light headed at around that time, my doc said in my case it was because my blood pressure was slightly low. It stopped after a few weeks. However there are numerous things that can cause lightheadedness in pregnancy so you'd be better off going to your GP or hospital so they can check you out. They might do a blood test to check your iron levels. If you do start feeling faint, either lie down with your feet slightly higher than your head, or sit down and try to put your head between your knees (although this one can be difficult with a bump in the way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Unfortunately this would fall under our no medical advice rule, please consult your GP/Consultant. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement