Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family meal near Dungarvan

Options
  • 29-07-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Hey folks - visiting from the Cork boards section & on hols with family in Dungarvan area. Looking for a good family friendly place to eat early evening tomorrow (Saturday 30th) with three kids 10,8 & 6.

Any ideas ?

Ta

Andi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Lawlors Hotel, do a massive early bird menu for €20.00 a head, I think Tiffany's in the shopping centre do something like that also, they do Pizza's also so there might be something there for everyone.

Indian Ocean on the Quay with a Chinese along side.

Well that's my favourites list, others may agree or disagree. Hope you enjoy your meal where ever you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Davitts
    The Moorings
    Merrys
    The Shamrock
    The Gold Coast
    Bridgie Terries
    An Seanachai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

The Tannery. Brilliant restaurant. Great staff, if you like food go there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I lived in Dungarvan for many years and could recommend a few places.What kind of food had you in mind ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭madison2011

Foleys in Lismore-excellent food. Easy atmosphere for kids. Whitehorse in Ardmore pretty good too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

The Tannery might be a tad expensive for a family meal. Food in Lawlors is really good; excellent value and they'll happily serve a 1/2 portion for kids.

The Moorings is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

dvpower wrote: »
    The Tannery might be a tad expensive for a family meal. Food in Lawlors is really good; excellent value and they'll happily serve a 1/2 portion for kids.

The Moorings is good too.

Thanks guys - I'm a real foodie & like the look of the Tannery but this one is for the kids - lawlors sounds interesting as does Foleys, but I'll google the rest during the day - really appreciate the help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Since when was the Tannery family friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

STIG83 wrote: »
    Since when was the Tannery family friendly?

Well, don't they do a €10 children's menu for Sunday lunch. Other than that, I wouldn't say that the food is what children would want to eat. But I've often been there when families with children have been present.

Meal should be over by now,

Where do ye think they went, I'm guessing Tifanys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

Big Lar wrote: »
    Meal should be over by now,

Where do ye think they went, I'm guessing Tifanys.

mc donalds:pac:

He diddnt post back yet,. I'd say he was up all night vomiting after the trip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I always get a good feed in Tiffaneys, in the Shopping centre, just off the Square.

Advertisement