Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement outdoor lamp cover?

• 29-07-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Gone and broke it when replacing bulb, too strong for my own good :)

21,5 cm across
    6,5 cm deep

Tried B&Q and Woodies already.
    Other shops in Galway?

Can I order this stuff online?
    Picture

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

i would imagine its as cheap to replace whole fitting
    (or are you trying to match with others)
    what brand name is on the base of the fitting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Had a look on the base, there is no brand name.
    All other houses in the same estate have the same lights outside so must have been there since the place was built in the 70s or so.

I just need to find a close approximation that I can fasten somehow, it doesn't have to be a perfect match. Of course I can replace the whole thing but it would be quicker to find a replacement cover.
    Something like this but in EU - www.progressiveinnovators.com/lightcovers/index.htm

Feck, might as well swap the whole thing. Nowhere has just covers.

Anyone have a name for an electrician that won't charge a fortune just to call out?
    It's a ten minute job for a professional and I have a replacement light now.
    If so PM me, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

biko, if you go to the electrical forum there is a find a contractor thread sticky there with names of sparks from boards who might help. for the record you should get an external eyelid type plastic fitting from a wholesalers for under 15 euro, you might aswell get one with a PL lamp in it to save juice, this is not a standard fitting with a CFL lamp in it but a PL external IP65 fitting with a PL lamp, these are better that the CFL lamps.

Thanks, I just went ahead and fixed it with a builder neighbour. All sorted now for the price of a new fixture, a cup of coffee and the promise of a few pints :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement