Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the road to somewhere......

Options
  • 29-07-2011 7:22pm

Hey guys. I recently got into gymming again after hurting my knee at the Dublin Marathon. I started going to gym again a month ago. I weighed 14 stone but am now down to 13 and a half stone. I go to the gym 5 times a week usually for between 2-3 hours and go for an outside run once a week.

On a normal gym day:
    I'd run on threadmill for 10km at 12.5kmph:
    Crosstrainer for half an hour
    Bike for 20 minutes
    Do 10 supported chin ups(40 kg)
    Do circuits of fixed weight machines ie leg press, lateral press
    Do 4x25 sit ups with 5kg medicine ball thrown at my chest
    Benchpress 3x10 30kg
    Squat 3x10 40kg
    Warm down doing Planks, side planks,supermans and stretching

I am not sure where to go from here.I only started squats and benchpressing in the last month so the arms and core are very sore. Also thinking of joing a kettlebell class would this be worthwhile?

I just want to be generally fit and get some upper body strength ie even be able to do one unsupported chinup. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement