Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MISSING DOG - ATHLONE

Options
  • 29-07-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi, was wondering if anyone has seen this dog in and around the Athlone area? She's a Pomeranian bitch approx 2 years old.

photo.php?fbid=100337376663342&set=a.149143555116057.23631.100000612395787&type=1
    She's been missing since Monday the 25th of July. Contacted the Dog Pound and the ISPCA but no luck. If anyone has seen her or has any information could they get in touch asap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Lovely dog very sorry to hear.

You should list where you last seen the dog or the general area where you live if she ran away.

Also if she has a distinctive collar so she'd be easily recognised.

And her name.

Info like this will help her be found.

Best of luck, lost my old dog for almost 6 months but he found his way home so keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Thanks YesNo1234 :) It's a friend's dog, I'm just trying to help find her.

Her name is Poppy, she was last seen around the Coosan area of Athlone. Just hope she wasn't dognapped :( She has a medical condition which is diet controlled so it's very important that she is found.

Any information at all is welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

I think more and more doggies are being taken, probably a side effect of the economic troubles. It's a terrible situation. Some nasty, mean people out there. I don't want to sound too depressing. Hopefully this hasn't happened to this lovely little dog. Hope she turns up.

I know Marti8, its shocking to think that some people see a family pet and think €€€! I've been checking donedeal, the ISPCA, the ASPCA, trying to get onto the local dog warden etc. It'll be worth it if she's found. :)

I recently had to take an abandoned dog to the pound, it just turned up in the area one day - poor thing was starving, one of the neighbours gave it some food in the hayshed so it stayed around and ended up living in my garden with our dog.

We couldn't keep two dogs, plus the fact that it appeared to be quite old and possibly sick, so I had to take it to the pound - to near certain death. :(

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it anyway, Lisa Lee. Must be very worrying for the owners. Maybe they could try contacting the Westmeath Independent newspaper or the Athlone Advertiser? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

@DolanBaker, that's so sad. Hope this isn't the case with Poppy.:(

@Marti8, good idea about contacting the local newspapers. The number my friend has for the dog warden in Mullingar isn't working, so we're not sure if it's even open!

I recently received a PM about a possible Poppy alert, so we're keeping our fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Put a post up on pets ireland in the lost and found section. Irish animals too. On fb you will also find pets.ie and irish animal shelters lost and found pet page.

Great news! A very kind woman got in contact with me via Boards and she had found Poppy! Poppy is now back home with her rightful owner. Thank you so much to everyone for all their advice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

LisaLee wrote: »
    Great news! A very kind woman got in contact with me via Boards and she had found Poppy! Poppy is now back home with her rightful owner. Thank you so much to everyone for all their advice! :D

Great to hear.

• Advertisement

LisaLee wrote: »

That's great news! Poppy's owner might want to get her microchipped just incase anything like that ever happened again. The owner could also put a collar on Poppy with a contact phone number on it. And make sure she has a dog licence too, they can check and can issue a fine or even take the dog if the owner can't produce the licence I think. But at least Poppy s safe anyway, that's the main thing! :)

Advertisement