Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sightron Feedback Please

Options
  • 29-07-2011 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

Lads,
    I met someone at the range the other day shooting a Night Force. We talked a bit about scopes and the scopes he was speaking highly about - I highly agreed: S&B, USO, NF, Zeiss.

He then mentioned Sightron, which I have about the board, but do not know anyone that has one.

If you have one or have used one, please advise. I would be looking for one to do some long range target work.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Shanmol308 has one

Or as I call him Shaaaaaaaaaaamooooooollllll

It works well for him

And he is one of the most qualified Long range man I have the pleasure of knowing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Correction: Shanmoll308 had one. (EDIT: Or maybe he didn't and I'm getting my wires crossed)

But there are plenty of lads in the long-range game using them here, there, and everywhere.

IMveryHO they are the best scope you could get for the money!

And even comparing them with far more expensive scopes, they more than hold their own. If I didn't already have a Nightforce, I'd get a Sightron.
    And I may still get one anyway.

For long-range target work, you'd be well set up with a Sightron S111.
    I'd suggest getting one with the 1/8MOA Target Turrets and a MOA-hash reticle, if you want to do long-range (handier for adjustments and hold-offs too).

You can't go wrong really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Theres a post on UKV talking about them. The fella and his mate were shooting targets- they could both see the bullet holes with the Sightron, but neither could make them out with the Nightforce.

Second hand info, I know... But If I ever get cash together for a long-range varminter I would like a sightron to sit on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Really?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never seen him with one. When did he get it?

I've used the 10-50 Sightron (not mine). They are a decent scope. At 50 power it has the same clarity as my NF on 32 power. Even in low light. They hold recoil excellently, have 1/8th adjustment clicks, and a decent range of reticles including a fine plex for target work.

Used the one i was using at 600 yards could show me bullets holes. The NF can show what appears to be holes, but you wouldn't be certain. The extra mag is great, but only downfall is like any high mag scope. As soon as there is a little heat the mirage is amplified so you end up shooting on the 20 - 26 power setting.

A good scope all round, and would seriously consider one myself if the need for another scope came up.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shanmoll308

Hey Tack and FISMA

Sorry Tack I use a March scope.. But I would highly recommend the Sightron. Some of the top FTR shooters here are using Sightron scopes and they are very popular amongst long range target shooters around the world. They may not be as clear as the March scope (at three times the price) but their tracking is 100%, and 100% reliable tracking is what you need in long range target shooting. Also had an oppertunity to look through some Sightron Binoculars during the Creedmore Cup and I would also highly recommend them.. Amazing clarity.

Shanmoll308.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Just one other point on the Sightron glass - Had a look through one of the newer models recently at x50 magnification. At about 550yards, you can definitely make out individual .223 and .308 holes in target faces quite handily. I couldn't have been too sure, but I'd nearly say that I could make out individual .22 holes too. And no, I'm not making that up. The clarity was truly outstanding (and I hate to say it, I found it better than my own Nightforce :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

i have the 10-50x60 SIII scope with the very fine crosshairs. i have it about a year now. i bought it off another boards member and i would never part with it. i have it on my .308 and have only used it for target work. it hold zero brilliant the clarity it excellent its 1/8" adjustments. i have only used it to 300 but could clearly see where i was hitting on the target. the only downfall is as already meantioned on high mag on a hot day it picks up mirage. i would recommend these scopes to everyone. if anyone want to look throught mine im down in midlands tomorrow and most weekends.

tommy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

FISMA wrote: »
    Lads,
    I met someone at the range the other day shooting a Night Force. We talked a bit about scopes and the scopes he was speaking highly about - I highly agreed: S&B, USO, NF, Zeiss.

He then mentioned Sightron, which I have about the board, but do not know anyone that has one.

If you have one or have used one, please advise. I would be looking for one to do some long range target work.

Thanks

All my longrangeshooting and hunting buddies in Norway uses Sightron SIII scopes.They swopped it for Nightforce;)
    I have one ordered from the states as well.8-32x56,but it was taken by US customs and returned to seller,so now i have to ship it to my family in Norway instead:mad:EXPORT LICENSE:eek:
    And they ship it to me again.

It will get here som day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭syconerd

hiya doing just had to say I have two of these scopes and have to say their some of the best glass Ive looked through in a long time.
    I have a 24 x 44 big sky fixed power for silhouttee
    and I have a 6 x 24 x 44 big sky for long range work
    if you want to come up to the range im belong to come to BRC shooting club and ask for john and see for yourself.
    the price for both of these scopes including the export lience from us came to 1100 euros including the tax well worth the money and hassle.
    again I recomend these to anybody whos on a budget for a top of the range scope

Hey Tack and FISMA

Sorry Tack I use a March scope.. But I would highly recommend the Sightron. Some of the top FTR shooters here are using Sightron scopes and they are very popular amongst long range target shooters around the world. They may not be as clear as the March scope (at three times the price) but their tracking is 100%, and 100% reliable tracking is what you need in long range target shooting. Also had an oppertunity to look through some Sightron Binoculars during the Creedmore Cup and I would also highly recommend them.. Amazing clarity.

Shanmoll308.

So do I have to fully retract everything I said about you then so :p

My mistake Fisma (I misremembered).
    At least you got some feedback about them though ;)

• Advertisement

I'm almost afraid to say this now...................

But I "think" Jim Griffen The Tackle Shop Rahan Tullamore" sells them.

But I have been known to get them confused with March :o

(I also get Burris and Bushnell confused too )

I saw a fellow boards member with a catalogue and List prices recently

Jim Griffin, Tackle Shop, Rahan, Tullamore Tel: 057 9355979
    BUT Ring to Confirm :o

Advertisement