Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of champagne bottle at the galway races.

Options
  • 29-07-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hello All,
    I was talking to my friend last night and we were talking about champagne. I think it is because they were selling it down quay street.

I remember some one telling me that they were selling moet in the champagne tent for €1000. Does anyone know if hat is true and what is the realy price at the races.

I know they are selling moet at a mark up price but i do not know the exact price. He was saying that they would be selling Dom Pérignon for that price.

Moet seems to be a cheap champagne that you can buy for €60.

thanks for any help

Comments

1000!! lol, not likely

from what i recall its around 80-90 a bottle between 4

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

I think it was mentioned in the Galway Indo this week that you could get a bottle of Moet for €65 in there. About the €1000 bottle... not so sure. I suspect that if you asked for the most expensive stuff that they had it would easily be several hundred euro, but a grand seems a bit extreme...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

9126357.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Oddly enough I took a picture of the price list while I was there the other day. Unfortunately no €1000 champagnes on sale.
    I was just as disappointed.

O3q4u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

wow the picture is really handy. looks like i lost the arguement. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

40eur for a bottle of Prosecco you can get locally for about 8euro / bottle? BARGAIN! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Was €41 in the Radisson and €105 in the restaurant a few feet away, RIP OFF!!!

Advertisement