Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few bits from my Collection

• 29-07-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭

Everyone seems to be posting items from their collections so I thought I would post a few things from mine.

SAM.jpg

South Africa Medal for the Zulu war to Pte. Patrick Daly of the Connaught Rangers. Only 32 medals to the Regiment with no clasp.

QSA.jpg

Queen's South Africa Medal for the Boer War to Pte. James Joyce of the 1st Battalion Connaught Rangers. Clasp entitlement would suggest Pte. Joyce fought at the Battle of Colenso.

Hope you enjoy,

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭phaethon

Nice medals! Have you confirmed QSA clasps via medal roles? If not, send me a quick email with the full naming on the rim and I see, what I can do:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Step23

Thanks Noor!

Picture here is my grandads Emergency medal with box of issue, a photo of him, his service booklet and an xmas card he sent his mother. He was a Sergeant in the Artillery.

PC254686.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Nice items Steps23!

Thanks HerrScheisse!

A few more things

Egypt.jpg

Egypt Medal to Pte David Storey of the 2nd Battalion, Royal Irish Fusiliers.

SamuelRussell.jpg

Death Plaque and Victory Medal to Pte Samuel Russell of the 8th Service battalion, Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers. Awarded the Military Medal in late 1916, probably for the Somme. Later killed in action on 16th August 1917 during 3rd Ypres. Also entited 1915 Star Trio, Samuel had prior service with the 2nd battalion.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Jagdtiger

Looking good Ste!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭phaethon

Great items Ste! I can't wait to see rest of your Skins stuff;)

Best Regards,

Timo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭R.Dub.Fusilier

if James Joyce number is 6038 he is entitled to the KSA .

Thanks Jagd and Timo.

Indeed Dub Fus, this is 6038 James Joyce, funny enough I have the medals rolls on my computer but forgot to check for KSA entitlement!

Advertisement