Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii to UPC via ethernet cable

• 29-07-2011 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Hope you can help.

I have an old school Wii with a Nintendo LAN adapter going into my modem via ethernet cable but diddlysquat, gives me 51420 error.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    KD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 rocket_108

I'm new here, but I've had this issues in the past so here goes.

You mention you have an 'old school wii'. Perhaps you need to install the latest wii system update? (though there's been none this year afaik)

Try setting your router to WEP and avoid using an LAN altogether? It's not very secure mnd.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭KarlDrake

Thanks for that. It doesn't have wireless capability so got myself a LAN adapter and straight into the modem using it. Everything else in the house/office is wireless.

I don't think I can install the update without getting the thing online in the first place? Unless I hook the Wii to the Laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 rocket_108

KarlDrake wrote: »
    Thanks for that. It doesn't have wireless capability so got myself a LAN adapter and straight into the modem using it. Everything else in the house/office is wireless.

I don't think I can install the update without getting the thing online in the first place? Unless I hook the Wii to the Laptop?

Some First Party Games come with the updates on disc, meaning you won't need a connection.

Something like Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Mario Kart Wii?

Thanks for that. Will have a look. I may be able to slave it to the laptop broadband. Not ideal but a possible workaround.

KD

Failed again so out of desperation tried to reach the wireless network. It's currently updating the system and tells me it's in.

Turns out it has a wi/fi, when I googled the actual wii it said it was not wi/fi.
    Then again, it's ten minutes updating now ffs:) Bar is moving slightly.

Thanks for your help and advice tho. It's appreciated.
    KD

• Advertisement
Advertisement