Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco express mulhuddart

Options
  • 29-07-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi
    Anyone know if the tesco express in mulhuddart has opened yet? Thought I saw an ad @ a bus stop earlier but only caught a glimpse so may have said opening soon, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

Yep, afaik they have a sign up in the car park saying your new tesco store is now open, or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

thanks for that :D, they don't seem to have it on their website yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It is open, I haven't been in it yet though. It's kind of hidden at the back of the Shanty and they haven't much signage advertising it apart from a couple of canvas hanging over the edge of the pub railings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Opened and has a good range of stuff for an Express store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

January wrote: »
    Opened and has a good range of stuff for an Express store.

Does it have an off license ?

• Advertisement

Yep, not very big now, but it has all the popular beers and spirits...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

saw they had a big sign up for it yesterday just ourside the chipper. Have yet to pay a visit though.

I have been in there a couple of times. Its not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

great little store, good selection!

Was in there this morning, used my coupons, had trouble scanning them so the guy working was very helpful in sitting it out for me, greAt selection alright for a small store

• Advertisement

brightkane wrote: »
    Was in there this morning, used my coupons, had trouble scanning them so the guy working was very helpful in sitting it out for me, greAt selection alright for a small store

I keep forgetting about those damn vouchers... thanks for reminding me!

no problems, in fact i had finished getting my bits and pieces and was back in the car when remembered I had them left in the car.

So off i trotted back in and got my stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

Still nothing updated on the Tesco site - so can someone tell me what are the opening hours of this Tesco?

Monday - Saturday em.... I know it's open til 11pm

Sunday open til 10pm...

Not sure of opening times though... will be there tomorrow so will post properly then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

January wrote: »
    Monday - Saturday em.... I know it's open til 11pm

Sunday open til 10pm...

Not sure of opening times though... will be there tomorrow so will post properly then!

Thanks for that, I think you are right about the 11pm closing time, as all other Express store close at 11pm. It is for my sister who lives out that area & needs it tonight.

Definitely open til 11pm tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Just to update, this Tesco is now closed down. Has anyone any idea why it closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

msg11 wrote: »
    Just to update, this Tesco is now closed down. Has anyone any idea why it closed?

Aldi probably scared them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Aldi probably scared them off.

Weird for a Tesco to close we got a transfer of stock in. Tesco usually run the store at a loss for 5 years. Anyone know of any other Tesco's closing down?

It wasn't profitable, it was likely to flood again, Aldi were opening up beside it making it even less profitable and the lease was up so they decided to jump ship while they could.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It wasn't in a good location either and you'd easily miss the signs for it so I don't think they would have got a lot of passing trade.

From what i heard, it was the highest robbed tesco in europe. There were times i walked in there and there were no staff to be seen, on 3 occasions i saw people walking out without paying, get into their cars and drive off.
    I saw local traveler kids just walk in and take the closest thing they could grab.

The unfortunate thing was, it was attracting the bad side from every community out there. Irish Romanian African.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

msg11 wrote: »

Talking to a staff member the day before it was closing, he said there was more being robbed than bought in the shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Mr.McLovin wrote: »
    Talking to a staff member the day before it was closing, he said there was more being robbed than bought in the shop!

That reminds me of 7-eleven that used to be where the chipper is now

Advertisement