Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is aldi building in maynooth

Options
  • 29-07-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I was passing aldi the other day and noticed they were extending their store any one any idea what it is. I tried kildare county council website but could not find any mention of it just curious really

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You just answered your own question... They're extending the store!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Adder1 wrote: »
    I was passing aldi the other day and noticed they were extending their store any one any idea what it is. I tried kildare county council website but could not find any mention of it just curious really

Are you suggesting they have no planning application in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

They do have PP. I had no problem finding it on the county council website.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The planning website is having one of its fits but there's a PP from 2009 for it. likely why you wouldn't find it looking at recent lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

yea I know they are extending the store I was wondering whether they were just increasing the size or were planning to offer additional services such as a bakery. No I wasn't suggesting they had no planning for it. I just couldn`t find it on the website . I really was only curious

thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

All Aldiss in Ireland building an extension for to house their own bakery...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

All Aldiss in Ireland building an extension for to house their own bakery...;)

That's Lidl isn't it? The one in Maynooth opened its bakery last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

yep all lidl`s are opening bakeries maybe aldi is too

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Paul_501

The bakery is unbelievable, they've got these chocolate croissants, possibly the best I've ever had... I was sceptical at first, being bit of a snob when it came to lidl/aldi produce, but I was amazed.

Maybe, I shouldn't be saying this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

Two friends working there confirm it is a bakery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

itll be hard to be better than Lidls. However, im willing to test the croissants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

So it's open today, and rumours of a bakery appear to have been greatly exaggerated. Basically the same shop only with more shelves, so perhaps a somewhat expanded product range, or simply larger stocks on the shop floor of the same stuff.

Advertisement