Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airtricity vs ESB vs airtricity vs ESB.. oo i don't know any more

Options
  • 29-07-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

i did the swtich awhile back and at the start it was great. i felt good coz of the whole saving the planet thing. however my bills used to be around 80 euro with esb but now they are 120 with airtricity. it's 40 euro i don't really have to spare. i went to the ESB website but the wizard wasn't much use. i wanted to type in my useage and see if ESB was in fact cheaper or am i just thinking they were in the past, you know "back in the day" kind of thing.
    is there somewhere i can send my bill to and see if ESB is cheaper. i know this is a lazy way of doing it. i should get out the old calc and work by candle light but i think there maybe standing charges (almost like eircon's line rental) that airtricity are taken advantage of. i didn't keep my old esb bills to compare.
    anyway, any info you's have on this matter would be great.
    thank you
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

thats what i was looking for.
    thanks for that.
    it looks like the esb is better for me, i'll ring them soon and see it it works out.
    thanks MrThrifty

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

Good stuff - just beware that the discount price only applies roughly for a year and then you're bumped up to the standard rate. Same kind of thing applies to Air Tricity and Bord Gais. You need to switch after a year or so or request the discount rate again, in order to keep getting a good deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi preytec,
    preytec wrote:
    it looks like the esb is better for me, i'll ring them soon and see it it works out.

You can also switch online, or if you like you can PM me your details and I can take care of the switchover for you. This link may also be useful:

- What do I need to switch to ESB Electric Ireland?
    MrThrifty wrote:
    just beware that the discount price only applies roughly for a year and then you're bumped up to the standard rate.

Our current price plans (detailed here) are applicable until 31st March 2012, after which time the standard or 'legacy' rates apply. However that's not to say that we won't have other price plan offerings by that time.

Personally I find Bonkers.ie to be a great comparison site, and not just for utilities (thanks MrThrifty). If there's anything else you need help with just give me a shout.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Our current price plans (detailed here) are applicable until 31st March 2011, after which time the standard or 'legacy' rates apply. However that's not to say that we won't have other price plan offerings by that time.

Were you hibernating for the winter? :D

(sorry couldn't resist)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Ahem... 31st March 2012 of course... :o

Advertisement