Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rounding up the cattle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

If only the celtic tiger roared for another few years, we could all be herding like that.
    In the meantime the Trooper my do!
    You'd have to laugh at the voice over.........1200lb MONSTERS
    445kg don't sound quite as glamourous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I would be awfully surprised if every animal picked up was landed without injury .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

on our farm the 2 useless sheep dogs sit at the gate while 3 or 4 of us run round the field after the cattle :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,762 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

GY A1 wrote: »
    on our farm the 2 useless sheep dogs sit at the gate while 3 or 4 of us run round the field after the cattle :rolleyes:

Get yourself a Corgi lad - the best cattle dog out there:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Thats the most cruel stupid thing Ive seen in a long time.
    Cruel to the animal to be suspended that height hanging by a leg.
    I would imagine their ligaments in their ankles must be strained from all that weight on their ankle.
    Plus they must have some rope to hold that weight. I wouldagree with poster above that I wouldnt think they are all brought down safely.

Thirdly so much for health and safety. re man tied onto the underside of the chopper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

would the weight of the 1200 lb bull not pull the hellicopter down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I was checking heifers early one morning for signs of heat when the alarm on my phone went off as it was on snooze. The minute it went off all the heifers in the 2.5 acre paddock gathered around me. A few days after I was bringing them in for dosing so I stood at the gap put the ring tone of my phone on loud and all the heifers came to the gap :) In case any of you want to try it out the ringtone was the theme tune from the high chaparral ;)

Advertisement