Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good retailer with cheap parts and postage

Options
  • 29-07-2011 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

I found hardwareversand recently.
    Elara's good in some combinations but in most it's way too expensive.
    I'm not going to mention Komplett.
    Dabs is very cheap but I had to cancel my order - waited for over a week and got fed up!!!
    Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I'd put scan.co.uk as the next best after HWVS. Other sites would be OCUK and pixmania.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

dabs.ie and komplett too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Burgo wrote: »
    dabs.ie and komplett too.

I think you missed some of the OP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

deconduo wrote: »
    I think you missed some of the OP ;)

lol i did indeed, sorry OP :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've heard great things about Overclockers.co.uk. I've dealt with them myself a few times and they're great.

Dabs I've found to be excellent if you don't have a problem. If you do... well they're nigh impossible to contact, and slow when you do get through to them. Having said that, I've only ever had one bad experience with them, and prior to that I had a lot of very good ones.

I dunno about anyone else here, but I also use Amazon a lot. Can't beat free delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Scan.co.uk, ordered a case on Wedneday morning and it arrived Friday morning. Shipping cost was £2.99 after blagging a bit on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I have ordered several times from overclockers.co.uk flawless service so far, prices not the cheapest but pretty good and plenty of choice. Got some stuff from hardwareversand for the delivery cost i was expecting a bit of a better service took nearly 2 weeks to arrive but their prices are good best to order in bulk from them and no bit by bit.

dabs only ordered once again no problem price was good but delivery not so much although it was free at the time so cant argue.

Im at the final stages of my first build and most likely will be ordering from Overclockers on the basis of the service so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Memoryc.com are are good for RAM. Free & fast delivery. Good to complement places such as scan which have poor RAM options.

Advertisement