Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck for paying €700 for my apartment

Options
  • 30-07-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I have been renting a 2 bedroom apartment for € 700 a month with my friend since august 2010. I share the rent fee at € 350 each. My friend has to leave Ireland and move to other country for his job last week for sudden.

I ask the owner of the apartment to allow me to move out and get all the deposit back. But he refuse because I did not enough notice (30 days). So I am stuck now for paying 700 euro for August just for my self. Any idea how to solve this? I do not have much money to pay € 700 by myself. I have give notice to landlord I will move out end of August.

Maybe some of you heading to cork and need place to stay for 1 month in August I can share the apartment with you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

http://www.threshold.ie Give them a buzz, they'll advise you further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

How badly can this end? Let me count the ways.......

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

Just dont pay the last months rent and use it to get yourself a new place, a pound to a penny he wont give you back your deposit anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

If your housemate is fúcking off with no notice, he should be paying for the month.

Edit,my language was choice 'cos it was AH at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Throw it up on daft as temporary, someone may be looking for a room for a month.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Eh, get another room mate. It's not fúcking rocket science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Well it's 28 days' notice if you've been renting less than 6 months. Pity the landlord won't allow you to sublet, but he's well within his rights on this.

Is your friend's tenancy with you or the landlord?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

masadjie wrote: »
    So I am stuck now for paying 700 euro for August just for my self. Any idea how to solve this? I do not have much money to pay € 700 by myself.
    Stop whinging. I am stuck with 1300e/month mortgage to pay...

oops, it was AH when I added my comment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

later10 wrote: »
    Well it's 28 days' notice if you've been renting less than 6 months. Pity the landlord won't allow you to sublet, but he's well within his rights on this.

Is your friend's tenancy with you or the landlord?
    With me unfortunately.
    If your housemate is fúcking off with no notice, he should be paying for the month.

Edit,my language was choice 'cos it was AH at the time.

I know it should be like that. But for some reason it's fail.

• Advertisement

http://www.threshold.ie Give them a buzz, they'll advise you further.
    I am afraid it will be too much hassle if i go that way.
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Throw it up on daft as temporary, someone may be looking for a room for a month.
    Eh, get another room mate. It's not fúcking rocket science.

Thanks, I will consider your suggestion. But somehow it is not so easy to get room mate in a short time. thanks anyway.
    wolf moon wrote: »
    Stop whinging. I am stuck with 1300e/month mortgage to pay...

oops, it was AH when I added my comment :)
    Good luck with your man. Btw, actually I prefer to be in AH than here :P I can offer AH'ers to share my place.

Good luck with your man. Btw, actually I prefer to be in AH than here :P I can offer AH'ers to share my place.

:eek:

:pac:

:eek:

:pac:

Come on please help me. I need to finish my thesis. My research grant is ended this month (July). I can't waste my money to pay a room I don't use it.

Come on please help me. I need to finish my thesis. My research grant is ended this month (July). I can't waste my money to pay a room I don't use it.

It was a coment about AHers. Sorry, must remember it's been moved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

You rented an apartment for €700 a month and then sublet a room. Now you want the landlord to underwrite the risks of your subletting? If you could not afford €700 a month you should not have rented the apartment in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

theres no two ways ablout it your "friend" owes you 350 and you owe your landlord 700, just because your friend didnt give you the money he owed you doesnt mean you can skip out on the landlord. He has a mortgage to pay which is undoubtedly quite a bit more than 700 a month. If you really stuck you could just not pay him and let him keep your deposit but then where are you going to get a deposit for you next move.

Dont bother contacting threshold they deal will tennants rights and you made a mistake and are in the wrong, i do hope you find someone to sub let to as its really your friends fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Just dont pay the last months rent and use it to get yourself a new place, a pound to a penny he wont give you back your deposit anyhow

a deposit isnt a last months payment, regardless of what people think

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I suggest you contact some of the English Language Colleges in Cork, not sure of your location but it may be suitable for an overseas student who'scoming for a short period.

One of my many titles in work is Accomodation Officer, so I know from experience that short term places are like gold dust in our business. Many of the older (mid-late twenties) students don't really want to be with host familes or in student res.

It's worth a few phone calls anyway.

HTH.

Shelli2 wrote: »
    I suggest you contact some of the English Language Colleges in Cork, not sure of your location but it may be suitable for an overseas student who'scoming for a short period.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try that one.

Finally, somebody has called me to stay in my apartment from 15th August. It doesn't matter for only 2 weeks. It will be a bit help for me to pay the rent.
    Thanks for all comments and suggestion. Thanks to daft site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement