Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless signal strength varies around house

Options
  • 30-07-2011 1:02am

I've got a router downstairs in our house and we were playing XBOX Live upstairs. The signal is fine up there and there's no lag or problems. We tried moving our set up downstairs. Strangely the wireless signal is terrible down there. It's very laggy. Can't understand why by moving closer to the router why would the signal be worse? Can anyone explain this to me please? Would I need to buy a better router. We have a cordless phone near the router downstairs so would this be causing interference? Any help most appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

I've got a router downstairs in our house and we were playing XBOX Live upstairs. The signal is fine up there and there's no lag or problems. We tried moving our set up downstairs. Strangely the wireless signal is terrible down there. It's very laggy. Can't understand why by moving closer to the router why would the signal be worse? Can anyone explain this to me please? Would I need to buy a better router. We have a cordless phone near the router downstairs so would this be causing interference? Any help most appreciated.

you might find some help here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to Wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

possibly the cordless phone is interfering with the wireless signal. try move/turn off the phone, and see if there is any difference.

Wireless Channel might need to be changed, and check with other devices like laptop and see if signal is bad, or is it just the Xbox!!

Advertisement