Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help with lagging ingame

• 30-07-2011 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭

hi ive just started back gaming but find it almost impossible to do as i get so angry when i constantly get lag spikes as i just cant find gaming fun when this happens. im with imagine wimax and get 70ish ping on the servers i play on "the lag isnt because of the servers s my friends dont lag" i have 1 mb download and roughlt 0.4 mb upload.my pc is pretty far away from my router (thomson router stock wimax) and i use a usb wificard on my pc.my family use the internet at the same time as me they use facebook/youtube etc.(not too much youtube).im just wondering how i can reduce my ping spikes as i was playing at 5 in the morning one night (couldnt sleep :P) and had no lag problems any help would be much appretiated. game is cod4 on pc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tomdadude

To be honest the best way to remove lag spikes is to change broadband provider. You're not going to get a consistent enough service to game with Wimax (despite what the ads say).

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

wimax isnt good get rid of it. bad customer service too

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Antoh

might be a ports issue. call them up and get them to open the ports the game needs. if you dont know the ports you should be able to find out on google. i play games online all the time on pc and ps3 mostly late afternoon to late evening and iv never had an issue. im in blanch so dont know if that makes much difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Imagine Wimax is not really broadband, and the latency will be the biggest problem for gaming. There is nothing that can be done to improve it either, you need to change ISP.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Wimax is no good for gaming.

I remember when i got clearwire before they went bust (clearwire bought them) i asked 5 staff members in clearwire at the time...1 salesman 1 engineer who was in my house & 3 customer service employees was clearwire good enough for online gaming...... all of them YES without doubt.

2 Days later i called back to tell them all my games were lagging and not connecting to lobbies. The 6th person i spoke to said clearwire would be no good for online gaming.

1 day later I got full refund and the same engineer came round and picked up the equipment. The salesman got his commission no doubt.

Customer service in Ireland....Oh the joys.

Ireland!!!......"Probably the worst customer service in the world"

• Advertisement
Advertisement