Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Sligo NANNY STATE

Options
  • 30-07-2011 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

This is supposed to be a discussion forum, I have had
    a number of treads closed....and one re-opened by other members requests.

Why are issues such as travellers, social welfare fraud, asylum seekers deemed not to be discussable topics by the mods here?

These topics that I have raised have provided some interesting debate.

I now request all threads that you closed on me to be reopened.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

I have no knowledge as to why this happened if your claim is correct. I suspect that such topics attract inflammatory comments which might expose the operators of this forum to litigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

jajjay wrote: »

Why are issues such as travellers, social welfare fraud, asylum seekers deemed not to be discussable topics by the mods here?

I'm taking a wild guess here but issues such as travellers, social welfare fraud and asylum seekers tend to be hijacked by right wing reactionaries who haven't a friggin clue what they're talking about.

Take welfare fraud, for instance. For the past number of weeks our new Government have tried to insinuate that most people on social welfare are "on the take" and screwing the system. This is nothing more than a propagandist piece to pitch citizen against citizen and therefore let the Government off the hook and bring in swingeing cuts. It makes it all the more appalling that the Irish Labour Party should be complicit in this Mandelson-esque bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

jajjay wrote: »

Starting a thread here moaning about the mod's actions is not the way to go and won't do you any favors. I would suggest that you follow the DRP if you've got issues with the way threads are moderated / closed etc.... Opening a thread like this will just get peoples back's up and not do you any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The Sligo forum is for issues concerning Sligo.
    The Social welfare thread was an interesting one but concerns the whole country not just Sligo so would have been better in another forum.
    If you have any problem with the way the forum is run please refer to this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement