Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIDER/APPLE JUICE

• 30-07-2011 7:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭

anybody out there got an applecrusher and /or press for sale ?
    have a 40 tree orchard and am looking to experiment.
    hope to be looking for people to volunteer for clinical trials
    on produce in 12 months time!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just to let you know theres a homebrewing forum on boards

also seedsavers near scarrif run a mulching & juicing service in the autumn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

thanks fryup.very familiar wit seedsavers (great place well worth a visit all)
    however im treating this as a sink or swim enterprise.will check out forum ta.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Great suggestion from fryup (thanks), I'll leave this post here as well in case there's anyone that'll have access to 1 locally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Nice idea. There are 20 or so microbreweries in the country and I can't think of one that's doing cider.

If you came up with a refreshing one that wasn't too strong I could see it going down well. Bit of a gap in the market it's like you only have Bulmers/Kopaberg and homeless 6% nastiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I offer my drinking services :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

Nice idea. There are 20 or so microbreweries in the country and I can't think of one that's doing cider.

If you came up with a refreshing one that wasn't too strong I could see it going down well. Bit of a gap in the market it's like you only have Bulmers/Kopaberg and homeless 6% nastiness.

It's way more than 6pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Let us know when you have it brewed and we will try it and give our opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

Not to be too pedantic, but breweries don't make cider. I get your point though. There is a guy in Dublin, David Llewellyn, who makes a cider called Double L on a small basis - cider isn't really my thing, but I believe it's pretty good.

everyone wants to help me drink it(THATS NOT THE ISSUE)
    its looking for help making it is the problem !
    anybody know where ill get mulcher/press in the mid west? ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

Have you considered buying one from amazon or ebay? Plenty on amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There seems to be a fair few of them on ebay, I don't know about shipping but I'd say it would be the easiest way to get 1

http://shop.ebay.ie/i.html?rt=nc&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=apple+press&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301

ta maryb and clareman.have checked e baY AND AMAZON. THATS NOT A PROB. just trying to keep this local and have a bit of fun. anyone idle and want to build mulcher/press? have seen amazing stuff on u tube but im afraid beyond my capabilities ! (steve laurence killennana springs to mind but dont have a contact no) great carpenter btw.this is not a start up buisness etc and i will pay for labour/materials

I saw this in the Irish Times yesterday and thought of you, sad I know :D

http://readeroffers.irishtimes.com/i-DD-ITM80602/FRUIT-PRESS/?search=fruit

thanks clareman .bit the bullet and bought 40ltr press on line.
    still in the market for old style pulper though ta anyway pilate

Advertisement