Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

www.babbel.com

• 30-07-2011 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here used this site? i got an offer emailed for 6 months access for €6 and I'm kind of tempted to give it a go as i was considering learning a new language but looked at rosetta stone prices and fell off my chair! :rolleyes:

Also i can learn English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Swedish with this offer so I'm wondering which would be easiest/most beneficial to learn, i was never great with languages in school but then again i had no interest in them at the time.

Thanks everyone. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

zero19 wrote: »
    Has anyone here used this site? i got an offer emailed for 6 months access for €6 and I'm kind of tempted to give it a go as i was considering learning a new language but looked at rosetta stone prices and fell off my chair! :rolleyes:

Also i can learn English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Swedish with this offer so I'm wondering which would be easiest/most beneficial to learn, i was never great with languages in school but then again i had no interest in them at the time.

Thanks everyone. :)

Haven't used it myself but for 6 euro why not try it, though dont expect too much. you should check yout local library too, not sure where you are but my local south dublin library has huge amounts of language learning stuff.

easiest/most beneficial? two very hard questions to answer. To be honest none of the languages you mentioned are that difficult, and how hard the language is to learn has alot to do with your interest in learning it and the benifit you imagine yourself getting, rather than thinking "well germany has the best economy ,so german would be best".

even things like which sounds nicest on the ears to you would make a huge difference because when learning a language one of the hardest parts if the amount of time you have to listen to it to understand , and if you like the way it sounds, that becomes much easier.

I started learning swedish a while ago, and would definitely recomend it, possibly the easiest language to learn for an english speaker and has alot of music and media to that you can use to help.

Advertisement