Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] UCC Accomodation

Options
  • 30-07-2011 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello! :)

Starting in UCC this September as a mature student, I'm 24. Looking to secure a nice room, in nice apartment with nice housemates! :D For the academic year (Sept - May/June). Something close to the college or in the city centre. PM me if you know of anything available or can help :) Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

You can look at UCC website about accommodation here. For alternative you can take a look daft website here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Phoebe24

Thank You :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 steph0712

Hello All,

I am wondering if you would recommend halls for postgraduates in Cork or better shared housing.
    Was going to look on daft and am wondering where to live...
    Help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Be careful of daft as the houses there are usually offered with 12 month leases, so if you plan on leaving Cork for the summer months you'll lose your deposit as your leaving early.

As another poster wrote I'd try the UCC accomodation office first as they have landlords who are used to a 9 month tenancy. You can filter the available accomodation for Post-grad/Staff and if you ring a few of those landlords explaining your a mature student they might be willing to let to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

steph0712 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I am wondering if you would recommend halls for postgraduates in Cork or better shared housing.
    Was going to look on daft and am wondering where to live...
    Help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steph

A lot of the student accomodation is just that - student accomodation. It's going to be full of 17-21 yr olds full of hormones & drink who are away from home from the first time in their lives (ah, happy memories :) ) and you can always find a party on some floor but if your someone who needs peace and quiet every night they won't suit you.

I've rented out rooms near UCC now for nearly 14 yrs and I was always worried when a tenant would leave mid lease, especially after Christmas as I thought I would not get a replacement. The three time it happened I had new tenants within a week - 3rd or 4th yrs as they needed quiet to get final yr projects finished.

I think the flats over the new TESCOs at Dennehys Cross are post-grad only but I don't know anyone who has lived there. It might be worth posting in the Edu>UCC forum asking about them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement