Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Rib?

Options
  • 30-07-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

I've only ever had Prime Rib in the states, and its always been top notch....

But can you get it in Ireland? I read somewhere its all in the way the meat is cu, and irish and UK butchers cut a different way to the states.

Would love to get my hands on some...with horseradish...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

If this is what you are referring to

Devine%20Easy%20Carve%20Standing%20Beef%20Rib%20Roast.ashx?mw=180

That's a french trimmed rib roast. Most decent butchers will be able to prepare that with a little notice.

If you are referring to a US cut off the bone, it's simply cut from a rib roasting joint - it's the same piece of meat. Again a butcher will cut that for you with notice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

As near as I can make out, prime rib is simply just a fore rib of beef. Any decent butcher and most supermarkets have them for sale.

I wouldn't even bother french trimming it, just roast it with the bone in. It's the only roast beef I do anymore. Rub the outside in seasoned flour mixed english mustard powder and roast for 20 minutes a pound plus 20 minutes for med-rare. Allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes before carving and bobs your uncle.

For some reason most fore rib gets de boned and sold as rib roast, every time a butcher does this it makes baby jesus cry.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement