Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS lookup failed

• 30-07-2011 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

I made a boo boo yesterday at work, we go a new DVR for the cameras at work and I had problems accessing the ip address from home, so I had a look at the router settings and in the static ip part I put in our static ip, I then got the tech guy who installed the system and he said I shouldn't have changed anything(turned out the ip address I was given was wrong) so I changed it back but now I am getting Dns errors when I try to access the internet from the network, I can't access the internet from my droid either there.

There is internet, I am looking at the cameras from home now and the visa machines are accessing the broadband fine.

I don't want to mess up the rest of the network settings by messing around too much, there are tills attached too.

Should I get a pin and press the reset button on eircom router or is it a simple matter of getting the dns address from eircom and entering it on the router?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭loopymum

Sorted

I wanted to edit the original post or else delete it but for some reason I can't, is that normal?

Advertisement