Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child benefit

Options
  • 30-07-2011 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi, I have an account with EBS and usually the child benefit payment is in the bank on the first tuesday of every month, however anytime there is a bank holiday they pay it on a saturday.
    Today there was no money in the account, has anyone else had the same problem or does anyone else have an idea as to what is happening here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I've never seen child benefit paid early due to a bank holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭needadvi

I always get it saturday on a bank holiday weekend. Clueless as to why it's not there now. My sister gets hers saturday too when it's a bank holiday weekend, can't contact her at the moment so can't know if it's a general fault or just my problem.

Guessing it's just a problem with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I just checked my account and the child benefit has been lodged. That's with Aib though.

Thanks for the response, I just checked mine again and still nothing there. Guess I will just have to ring them on tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mine was lodged at midnight last night with BOI... Did you receive a letter from them to check you were still in the country? Or change address recently? The letter could have gone to your old address if it's the case...

Yes I sent them my change of address details via registered post then I rang them to verify that they received my change of address and they confirmed that they had received the change of address and had it updated on their screens. I haven't received a review form at this address and if they sent it and it got lost in the post well...not my fault...but I will surely suffer it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

mine is in too.
    Ulsterbank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I got mine too (PTSB) - was nice as it contained arrears since we moved back to Ireland in April :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 vandis

needadvi wrote: »
    Hi, I have an account with EBS and usually the child benefit payment is in the bank on the first tuesday of every month, however anytime there is a bank holiday they pay it on a saturday.
    Today there was no money in the account, has anyone else had the same problem or does anyone else have an idea as to what is happening here?

Hi.
    I have ebs account also and my cb was not in today. Contacted friend and she has not received hers either. Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I've just this minute checked and mine is in.. and it's standard now that it goes in on the saturday of the bank holiday. . . i discovered this by accident when i went to buy a buggy when i was pregnant the year before last. . . It might just need a few more hours..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 vandis

cbyrd wrote: »
    I've just this minute checked and mine is in.. and it's standard now that it goes in on the saturday of the bank holiday. . . i discovered this by accident when i went to buy a buggy when i was pregnant the year before last. . . It might just need a few more hours..

Is yours an ebs account cbyrd?

Just checked my account and am delighted to say the money was there....that was a loooong day of worry!

Advertisement