Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SB's All Purpose Log

Options
  • 30-07-2011 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Going to be betting on a variety of different sports in here particularly looking forward to the nfl season.

Will try and provide reasoning and use this log to help improve my betting.

Starting Bank €100

Bet 1:
    Man City -2 @ 6/5
    €10

This one is taken from advise gotten off the forum. Expecting a reasonably strong City side to turn up against a thrown together Airtricity XI. It could very well be a hammering for the LoI side and -2 @ 6/5 (think 2/1 is available with Paddy Power, unfortunately I only use Bet365 atm) doesn't look like a bad punt to me.

Bet 2:
    Cork to score first goal and with the match @ evens
    €20

The straight win and handicap markets for this game don't appeal to me at all and after a little search I came up with this pick. There's no doubting Cork are the better side here and have plenty of experience playing in Croke Park the last number of years. They should win easily and goals could rain. This looks a decent bet at a decent price.

Balance: €70
    In Play: €30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Bet 1:
    Man City -2 @ 6/5
    €10

This one is taken from advise gotten off the forum. Expecting a reasonably strong City side to turn up against a thrown together Airtricity XI. It could very well be a hammering for the LoI side and -2 @ 6/5 (think 2/1 is available with Paddy Power, unfortunately I only use Bet365 atm) doesn't look like a bad punt to me.

Win
    Returns: €22.00

Off to a good start, although not near as comfortable as I thought it'd be. Should have know better than betting on a friendly before the teams are announced, which takes me to my next bet

Bet 3:
    Inter Milan over 1.5 @ evens
    €10

Bet 4:
    Inter Milan win @ evens
    €10

A solid looking Milan side with the likes of Schnider & Eto on the bench. Celtic on the other hand having already begun their season and presumably not wanting to risk too many injuries have put out a somewhat second string side.

Balance: €72.00
    In Play :€40.00

Bet 3:
    Inter Milan over 1.5 @ evens
    €10

Bet 4:
    Inter Milan win @ evens
    €10

A solid looking Milan side with the likes of Schnider & Eto on the bench. Celtic on the other hand having already begun their season and presumably not wanting to risk too many injuries have put out a somewhat second string side.

Both Win
    Returns €40

Very nice start to the thread! May do something in-running in the Kildare, Donegal game.

Balance: €112.00
    In Play €20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Excellent so far, well done!

Bet 5
    Kildare over 12.5 @ 5/6
    €20

The second half cant be as low scoring as the first. Fancy Kildare to pull clear as Donegal tire and hopefully hit the back of the net once or twice.

Derek! wrote: »
    Excellent so far, well done!

Jinx :pac:

Kildare had a good goal disallowed apparently (I missed it) that would of brought in the bet but these things happen, just annoyed I went in so big.

Balance €92.00
    In Play €20.00

• Advertisement

Bet 6
    C Cooper to score the first goal @ 5/1
    €5

Copper had a quite munster final by his standards and I think he'll be out tomorrow to silence a few over critical Kerry folk. That combined with the fact the game is in Croke Park, (a big field which only magnifies his brilliance) make me feel this bet is worth a punt.

Bet 7
    Celtic -1 @ 6/5
    Zenit St Petersburg HT-FT @ 8/11
    Cork to score first goal and win @ evens

Treble €5 @ Returns €38

Small treble for the day

Bet 7
    Celtic -1 @ 6/5
    Zenit St Petersburg HT-FT @ 8/11
    Cork to score first goal and win @ evens

Treble €5 @ Returns €38

Small treble for the day

Bet 2:
    Cork to score first goal and with the match @ evens
    €20

Was looking oh so good but them useless ****s Cork could only manage one point in the second half!

Balance €82.00

Advertisement