Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Anime Weekend 13-14 August***

Options
  • 30-07-2011 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Details:

The Embassy of Japan is pleased to inform you that the Japan Anime Weekend 2011 will take place on Saturday 13 and Sunday,14 August 2011. This event is presented by the Chester Beatty Library and the Embassy of Japan in Ireland.

This year’s programme will include screenings of Japanese anime films and the latest Japanese TV anime series. The Japan Anime Weekend 2011 will open with a lecture by distinguished animator and director Mr. Jimmy Murakami at 11.00am on Saturday 13 August. Mr. Murakami is well-known for his works When the Wind Blows and The Snowman and his lecture will include screenings of 2 short films.

Saturday 13 August 2011
    - 11.00: Opening/Lecture by Mr. Jimmy Murakami
    - 12.30: Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva - suitable for children
    - 14.10: Cos-play session
    - 15.00: Eden of the East (Episodes 1-2) - 18 yrs +
    - 16.00: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Episodes1-2) - 18 yrs +
    - 17.00: Gurren Lagann (Episodes 1-2) - 18 yrs +
    - 18.00: Ouran High Host Club (Episodes 1-2) - 18 yrs+

Sunday 14 August 2011
    - 13.00: Panda! Go Panda! - suitable for children

- 14.10: Sherlock Hound (English) (Episodes 1-2) - suitable for children

- 15.00: Escaflowne (Episodes 1-2) - 18 yrs +

- 16.00: Soul Eater (Episodes 1-2) 18yrs +

Screenings will be in Japanese with English subtitles unless otherwise indicated, and admission is free with unreserved seating only. Please note that all titles are unclassified and are therefore subject to conditions, i.e. open to 18 yrs + only. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.

Looks good! Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend but I hope some of our members do :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

I shall almost certainly be attending! The talks with Jimmy Murakami sound cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Soul eater at 18+ is a bit high but Escaflowne at that, at least the 1st 2 episodes weren't that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 p1000

For anyone that was at the lecture, what was it like? I heard Jimmy M on Radio 1 a few mornings back and i would've loved to hear more about animation from him (the interview was mostly about his life) but didn't get up there to hear it. Might get up there tomorrow for a bit but i assume he's not just floating around talking to people but i'd still like to know if it was interesting.

Thanks.

And i agree, 18+ for Soul Eater seems way too high. I've only seen the dub, but the sub can't be that different, can it?

Advertisement