Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMF Survey

• 30-07-2011 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster, so in case this has already been covered, feel free to scold violently!!

Someone has recently pointed out that my house is pretty close to some rather ominous looking high Voltage pylons, which are not in direct view due to trees/hedgerow.

I don't know how much power they transmit (guess 200+kV??) or exactly how far they are from my back garden, maybe 30 metres?

I have found little in the way of a full EMF survey service in Ireland, and am not sure where to start looking for this - google hasn't really helped at first look - but then again I'm not sure sure what search terms are best for this - what I am looking for is someone to put a three axis Gauss meter (or similar) in the garden for maybe a day or two to get an idea of the levels here.

I know that much research has been done on this, and the majority of it says there's no real danger from this type of radiation, but I'd rather know the levels either way.

Any link to info on how I could find out more about this (graphs, calculators which show mG levels, kV power vs distance) would be also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Advertisement