Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Meteor Contract

Options
  • 30-07-2011 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

I know there have been other similar posts but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I have an 18 mth contract with Meteor. I am emigrating to Australia in November and will have 6 mths left on contract at this time. Is there a way I could cancel the contract without having to pay the remaining months. Or could I transfer the bill onto a different number (sister's phone)? Or switch it back to a pay as you go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,868 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

In my experience with them, no they will almost certainly hold you to the full term of the contract - even in cases where they've dropped the ball repeatedly from a customer service and billing standpoint and where Comreg/eircom got involved :(

Call them and see but I wouldn't get my hopes up on them accomodating you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You'd have to get you sister to use your number for the 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I dont think they would do that.

A contract is a contract. Unless your experiencing really bad technical issues with their network and which is Meteors fault they wont let ya out.

Generally you should be able to port your bill onto some one elses number as long as you their pre pay and not in contract.

This was done with some online offers where there was no option to move from Meteor PP to BP. So what you did was just sign up to a new number and then ring CC afterwards and they ported the bill onto that number.

Not 100% can u do that though. You can give them a ring anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I have till dec on My bill what of I don't pay it and tell them keep me cut off and just pay the out standing like when you want to cancel sky just don't pay and they will cut u off

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement